PDA

View Full Version : Problems after programming

Highlander
October 18th, 2007, 04:04 AM
I programmed an 08 z06 ls7 that is to go to an autoshow and the dealer wanted to restrict the rpms and speed limit.

After reflashing, when you open the doors, windows roll a bit down, but don't come back up when the door is closed... anyone know why is this happening and how can it be fixed?

Thanks

eboggs_jkvl
October 18th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Did you disconnect the battery? SOunds like the windows need to be reindexed. Even if you didn't cut the battery, reindex the windows.

Elmer

Highlander
October 18th, 2007, 07:19 AM
How do you do the reindexing??? I did disconnect the battery.

Thank you

eboggs_jkvl
October 18th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Ok, start the car.

Lower the window all the way. Raise the window to the top and hold button up for 3 seconds and release the button. Immediately lift the button again and hold for another 3 seconds. Repeat for the other window.

Highlander
October 18th, 2007, 09:30 AM
THANK YOU

that did the trick
it appears battery was low and since programming turns on the headlights, well... there you have it, vcm reset itself..

Thank you!

GMPX
October 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM
and since programming turns on the headlights, well...

:eek: What?

eboggs_jkvl
October 18th, 2007, 01:39 PM
:eek: What?

If the emergency brake is down, turning on the acc will bring on the headlights if in a garage. I think that's what he means.

Highlander
October 21st, 2007, 05:06 AM
No, not what i mean.. everytime i get a vehicle in programming mode it turns on the headlights.

eboggs_jkvl
October 21st, 2007, 06:02 AM
No, not what i mean.. everytime i get a vehicle in programming mode it turns on the headlights.

Goodness.... My Camaro (98 ) does not switch on the lights nor does my Corvette (07) as long as I have the emergency brake set. I've tuned both and in the garage without any headlights coming on.

Your lights come on? Weird!

ScarabEpic22
October 21st, 2007, 02:36 PM
My 02 TrailBlazer (LL8 P10 PCM) doesnt do that either...