PDA

View Full Version : Error's with 7.5, full flashes

macca_779
October 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Just stumbled across an issue that seems apparant with version 7.5 I was with a client today who was receiving a custom os5 tune. The original tune dowloaded fine but when it came to full flashing in my base os5 tune the dialog box would get to checking the PCM serial number then reboot. At first I contemplated an issue with his PCM. I then did a cal only reflash of his original with no issues. This had me concerned so I tried to do a full flash on my own car to prove if it was his car or my equipment. My car failed too. I ended up working out that if I open EFI LIVE as an administrator I could full flash again as advertised. Just letting everyone know about this issue that I had. Its only going to be a problem with people running Vista but it had me scratching my head for about 30min. I spoke to a mate who has seen the same thing happen on him too. Another issue with not running as admin seems to be getting out of the speedo calculator. It will update the data no problem but can't save to the cal.adjust.txt file and hence will not exit. Same rectification, run as admin and its not a problem.

oztracktuning
October 19th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I have found that if running vista - you need to set the EFILive program folder to have full permissions for the user to solve the problem.

macca_779
October 19th, 2007, 10:21 PM
ahh nice, thanks steve

JezzaB
October 20th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I have found that if running vista - you need to set the EFILive program folder to have full permissions for the user to solve the problem.

Yup, it has problems reading the pcm locks file. Either run as Admin or change the permissions of the dir