PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update confusion

voodoolord
October 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, just got my V2 today (thanks Trippin!) I went to check the firware update and went through the instructions and it said that each new version of the live software would have the new firmware update with it. I looked at the firmware version numbers and noticed that my number from my new unit was 2.04.64 and the "update" was 2.04.60. I reread and reread the instructions again and against every ounce of common sense I decided that it has to be new because its the latest live update. OOPS.
So the big question is what was in the .64 firmware update that is not in the .60 firmware update and do I need to try to get back to my newer one. Also you might want to put a little note in there saying to compare the release number just to make sure. When your new to something like EFILive even common sense can go out the window with enthusiasm.
voodoo

BTW.. this is probably the most pimped out Idea for software Ive ever seen! nice work! :master:

Doc
October 19th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Actually the latest firmware is .65 which can be found here.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6330 Mid page.

It goes along with the 7.5 pre release. The readme file that accompanies the firmware upgrade(s) list the changes/updates/revisions of the different firmware.

voodoolord
October 20th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Thanks!