PDA

View Full Version : Under spark

twinki025
October 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Newbie here under spark im adjusting the timing values what does gram per cylinder mean. Please explain...thanks guys

joecar
October 20th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Twinki, welcome to the forum... :cheers:

The PCM calculates how much airmass fills each cylinder under the current operating conditions (MAP, MAF, ECT, RPM, VE, others...)... grams/cylinder.

The PCM uses this value to lookup spark advance, and to calculate the fuelmass required to achieve the commanded AFR (which is looked up in tables (or, for closed loop, is stoichiometric (which is also looked up))).

The spark tables B5913, B5914 show the scantool->tunetool "linking" PID being GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA.

Edit: I added to this post.:beer:

twinki025
October 21st, 2007, 09:33 AM
Thank you, so i would think the higher the rpm the more air mass is in the cylinder?? Is that correct????

joecar
October 21st, 2007, 12:31 PM
Thank you, so i would think the higher the rpm the more air mass is in the cylinder?? Is that correct????Depends on the cam.

As rpm increases, cylinder has less time to fill using a stock cam...
a cam with greater duration and overlap allows more time to allow greater fill.

twinki025
October 21st, 2007, 01:40 PM
I have a lot of learning to do. I programmed ny first tune into the car today. Any other pointers you can give me. Thank you once again.

joecar
October 21st, 2007, 03:21 PM
The Auto VE tutorial has information that ties various tables together, good to read while following along in the tunetool.

twinki025
October 21st, 2007, 04:42 PM
auto ve i was reading about is that a speed density tune. Thats what it looked like to me??? Ill look at it again