PDA

View Full Version : 60 lbs. MotoTron IFR question...........

FreddyG
October 22nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Guys!

When setting the IFR for my 60 pounders, should I just use Marcin's IFR sheet? A couple of peeps told me that I could do this in the IFR table:

Put 68 in the top box and 69 in the bottom and then highlight the entire table and then hit the up/down arrow to fill in the middle.

I was also given 68 in top and 71 in the bottom and then hit the up/down arrow.

I'm confused as to which one to use, because they all give different readings, but still keep the slope that shows it's going the right way. I just thought that before doing any tuning on my boost VE or Main VE, that I'd make sure that the IFR was right.

Thanks in advance for your help! :cheers:

eboggs_jkvl
October 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
I have 60# motrons. My table goes from 0=8.7266 to 80=9.5625 grams/per/sec

Does that help?

Elmer

FreddyG
October 22nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
It sure does! Thank You! :cheers: Do you have Motrons or MotoTrons or are they rated the same?

How did you get those figures? Did you use RedHardSupra's spreadsheet or get them another way?

eboggs_jkvl
October 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Used the spreadsheet. Motrons are the name I saw. I use them for my twin turbos.

FreddyG
October 22nd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks Elmer! :cheers:

redhardsupra
October 23rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
depends what car/computer you got. is your car locked to the 63.95lb/hr limit? if not, just enter the numbers without any tricks. if you got the limit, then you gotta do other tricks.

FreddyG
October 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
depends what car/computer you got. is your car locked to the 63.95lb/hr limit? if not, just enter the numbers without any tricks. if you got the limit, then you gotta do other tricks.

Hi Marcin!

I've got a 2001 Corvette that I just changed over to the COS3, but still using the factory PCM. I don't know if my computer is locked to a limit. How would I tell?

Thanks for the help! :cheers:

redhardsupra
October 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
you dont have the limit then, that's only applicable to E40 computers (LS2 vettes and GTO's) and some 4cyl stuff from what i've seen. just use the spreadsheet without any tricks, it should work fine.

FreddyG
October 23rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks Marcin! :cheers: I'll change it today and then start some more logging!

I would be interested in hearing what some of the tricks that you're talking about are though (or are they on your blog?)