PDA

View Full Version : wot timing?????

twinki025
October 22nd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Is there a way to adjust the wot timing or just with the high and low tables. Ive looked under everything and couldnt figure it out.

cmitchell17
October 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Are you trying to make the final timing be the timing in the HO timing table?

The tables that I remember are the ECT adders, the IAT adders, and the fuel mixture spark correction adders.

At normal temp your timing is the same in the HO table unless your IAT's are very high(95+) or you are in PE mode with a richer than 14.7mixture.

It gets confusing tracking down timing with these adders, but I don't think theres away to just log each specific timing adder and the base timing.

twinki025
October 23rd, 2007, 07:50 AM
So heres my plan of attack. I adjusted the higher tables and im going to go for a ride and record the session with the log. Ill look at the spark at open throttle and go from there. Thanks man i appreciate it..

joecar
October 23rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
Log GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA (which shows you cylinder airmass; this is the horizontal axis in the HO/LO tables B5913/B5914) while going at WOT;

the scantool->tunetool linking feature will highlight the logged columns/rows in the HO/LO tables;
at 100%TPS, take note of the column(s), these are your WOT timing as RPM increases.

joecar
October 23rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
i.e. timing is looked up by cylinder airmass and rpm, and then possibly modifed by any modifiers mentioned.

Logging the pids with names starting with "EST_" will show which modifiers are subtracting/adding timing.

Pay attention to GM.KR, and also listen for knock.

cmitchell17
October 24th, 2007, 10:55 AM
So is there away to make the tunetool show the tps and rpms on the spark table?

Like it shows the rpms for a gear in the upshift downshift tables?

joecar
October 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Yes:
- you must enable this in the tunetool Edit->Properties->Scanner.
- you must log the "link" pids mentioned on the table axes.
- you must use same pid units in scantool and tunetool.

Edit: in scantool, you must enter the correct VIN and OS ids.

For 2-D tables: display these as 3-D tables.

joecar
October 24th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Edited my post.

cmitchell17
October 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I put all the stuff in my scan tool, but I dont see anything in the gray area at the bottom.

It still does it when you go to the upshifts and downshifts.

Im using a 2002os on a 2000 if that makes a diffrence.

Will it tell you a TPS% and rpm when you click a cell in the timing table? Is that how it works?

joecar
October 25th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Doesn't your scantool show your VIN/OS/Trans at bottom of window...?

When the link pids are logged and linking enabled, as the log progresses the tunetool table dynamically highlights the current operating cell.

cmitchell17
October 25th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I just figured it out.

I had always seen where is was highlighted and I always wondered what it was becuase it would never go away.

Now I know this will be very helpful.

Thanks, but why does the scan tool always forget what size engine I have and forget I have a auto. I think it remmebers my vin.

Is using the 2002os VIN on my 2000 truck going to cause problems.

cmitchell17
October 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I think I just found a problem.

Im looing at the fuel correction spark table. When I highlight the WOT cells were the commanded is 12.4-12.8. It highlights 1.55EQ and I dont think thats 12.4-12.8AFR?

Isnt 12.3-12.8 like 1.15EQ? It definately dosent look like its adding 10degrees of timing.

Also I can't put the fuel mixture spark correction table in AFR no matter what I put in the options is always in EQ in that table.