PDA

View Full Version : Need some help PLEASE...

Chicago Z06
June 26th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I hope someone can give me some input on my dilema. I have a heads cam 02 Z06. I took the ca to the dealer to have the ign lock recall performed and they upgraded the OS im my PCM. the car was previously programmed with LS1 edit. but with the new program i used my EFI tuner to recalibrate the ECM. my issue is when i reflashed the PCM i have a service traction control and active handling service light. I did modify some of the tables like i had done with LS1 Edit. I have tried clearing the PCM flash by taking the ground wire off the battery for 15 minutes with no sucess. I have even reflashed with the stock file with the same results. I have tried clearing the codes through EFI live which also doesn't work. what am i missing to make htis go away? i had this same issue a few years ago when i inititally fe flashed with LS1 edit and resettign the battery fixed the issue. From what i have been able to gather the BCM and PCM loose their ability to communicate sometimes when reflashing. if you ahve any input please let me know..

Thank you!!

dfe1
June 29th, 2005, 10:03 AM
If you loaded an old .tun file over the dealer reflash, that could be your problem. I know of a number of people who have had problems after a dealer reflash because they tried to load an old file. If you load the dealer reflash into your PC, make changes to that file, then download that file to the PCM, you shouldn't have any problems. Also, check to make sure you're using the most recent release of FlashScan software.

Chicago Z06
June 29th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Thank you for the input but i did not load an old file.. this was the first time i used EFI Live as well as the first download of the dealer reflash. I am also on the latest version of Live so i don't belive that would be an issue either unless there is a bug but i don't think i would be the frst to see the issue. i saved the file under a different name and modified that file. this same thing happened to me a few years ago when i reflashed with LS1 edit the first time. its weird and definitly not a normal issue i am finding out. I do appreciate your time in giving some advise.

joecar
June 29th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Could this be of any help...
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1361&highlight=doors

Chicago Z06
June 29th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Good information!!!! THANK YOU now i ahve some more things to try.. I did all my downloading and flashing with my drivers door open. No accessories on and nothing changed diring the process but there are a few thigns i can try from that thread...

Thanks again for the info!! :lol:

i'll psot back with the results...

bink
June 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Good information!!!! THANK YOU now i ahve some more things to try.. I did all my downloading and flashing with my drivers door open. No accessories on and nothing changed diring the process but there are a few thigns i can try from that thread...

Thanks again for the info!! :lol:

i'll psot back with the results...

Is your dash out along with the above ??