PDA

View Full Version : checking my understanding (2bar and maf)

SScarTuning
October 25th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Ok, so I am an HPT user thinking about defecting to efiLive because of my current setup. I have a 403 with a maggie on top of it. If I am reading this right the custom OS for efilive supports a 2 bar map and a maf. It uses the normal maf tables in non boosted regions and special boosted tables use the 2 bar. Am I understanding this right? Will I be able to 2bar tune the boost on the top and keep all the driveability of running the maf until it maxes out?

SScarTuning
October 26th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I bought EFI live today. Can someone please tell me if I understand this correctly?

joecar
October 26th, 2007, 07:40 PM
SScarTuning,

Welcome to the forum... :cheers:

Yes, you understand it right.

Did you buy V2...?

For COS, you need either V2, or V1 Commerial Option [V2 already comes with Commercial Option].

I take it you have an F-body [what year...?] with 403+SC.

COS5 provides you boost VE table and boost spark table.
You can run with MAF (if it doesn't hit the 512 g/s limit) or without MAF.
You can run with NBO2 looopback, or without.
You can run full MAP/RPM VE table, or this combined with a TPS/RPM VE table.

Best thing to do is read the Auto VE tutorial and the COS tutorial:
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

SScarTuning
October 27th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I have an 07 with an e38 ecm. I am workign with a commercial shop to get it tuned and load the new OS. I was at the edge of the maf with the ls2 and the blower before so with the 403, cam, and heads I will certainly peg the maf before crossing the 10PSI mark.

I appreciate you responding. I am an HPtuners users but in all honesty, tuning the e38/67 with it is guess work. I bought EFIlive for the virtual VE and the custom OS suport. I am trying to run a 12PSI setup on these new ECM's and virtual ve with that custom os and a 2-3bar seems like the best option on the market right now. Tell me I am on the right track and I will feel good about shelling out the big bucks for the software and the EFI courses I signed up for :D

I also forgot to mention that HPt has a hard limit of 63.49lb's in their injector table so using the 60lb injectors I need to fuel this beast was going to cause me to fudge constants in other tables

joecar
October 27th, 2007, 05:23 AM
I don't think there is a COS for E38, yet; initially you never mentioned E38.

You might want to pm Redline Motorsports and others for more info since he's been tuning E38 for a while now.

You might want to post in the E38/E67 subforum.

SScarTuning
October 27th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I guess it is 67 not a 38. I just looked it up.

ScarabEpic22
October 27th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Still man, unfortunately there are no COSs for the new controllers. :(

Redline Motorsports
October 27th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I hear your pain!

Doesn't take much to max the MAF on the E38. I did it with 4 lbs on my PC ZO6.

Have you tuned a SD 2 bar tune before? If so, tuning the E38 with the VVET and a 2 bar should be quick to get rolling.

The IFR table is maxed at 63.5 lbs unfortunately we need to continue to do some fudging.

Send me an e-mail and we can talk about the rest.

Howard

SScarTuning
October 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I was playing with the regular tune file and it looks like I can put any value I want into there for the injectors. Am I missing something. I know HPtuners has that max of 63.5.....is that an ecm max on the E38/67 or is it a software limitation? Does that limitation only apply to the SD tuning ?

Redline Motorsports
October 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
My understanding is that the PCM cannot process any more then the 63.5 value. When I use 60 lb injectors you need to max that table, flat lined, and use the high maf table to scale back. Its kind of how the Fords work.

If we could somehow get the LS3 OS into these PCM's we would be in good shape. The MAF table goes to 1800 grams/sec and 15000 hrtz!:Eyecrazy: This would allow enough resolution to handle some of these boosted applications.