PDA

View Full Version : Problem with V1--- Pics Inside...

nonnieselman
October 30th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hey guys!
Ive had my V1 for quite some time now... have tuned 8 Different trucks.

I got in my truck getting ready to go to work and unhooked my V1 to put it my console along with the wires so it wouldn't be visible cause i travel out of town for several days at a time.

Notice it was warm, but didnt think anything about it.

I got back from a job and was going to tune my buddy's truck.
I hooked everything up it wouldn't connect.

After several minutes of head scratching i brought the V1 up to my nose and smelled the good ole circuit board getting hot smell...

Pop the bottom of the V1 off and investigate... Its not pretty...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/nonnieselman/EFI%20Live/DSCI2085.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/nonnieselman/EFI%20Live/DSCI2084.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/nonnieselman/EFI%20Live/DSCI2083.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/nonnieselman/EFI%20Live/DSCI2059.jpg

Im not that knowledgeable about Circuit boards but i know a lil..

From what i can see it appears a Resistor or something failed? and let full voltage go to the processor? and it over heated?

I quickly ordered the V2 upgrade only to find out that the V1 has to be in operation to do update the V2 for it to be operable... So now im stuck with some expensive plastic boxes... haha..

Ive gone through DC_Justin for help and he has emailed EFI Live.

I have only used the Cables that came with the V1 and i Ohmed them out to check for a short between the connections to make sure it wasnt something that i personally did. .. i cant find anything.

What do i do now??
I suck at waiting also.......

I know that EFI Live is at SEMA also so thats understanble...
I would like to get this resolved fairly quickly.

Thanks guys!!!

Jonathan

Cougar281
October 31st, 2007, 02:53 AM
I believe you'll get two VIN licenses with the new V2 so you should have no issue getting started. I don't think you HAVE to have the V1 for the upgrade, only to transfer the licenses from the V1 to the V2. I could be wrong though... I would imagine Ross & Paul will work with you on getting your licenses into the V2. They've always been great to deal with and are very understanding.

joecar
October 31st, 2007, 05:25 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

nonnieselman
October 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks Joecar..

I know they are busy at SEMA...

And if you get the Upgrade V2, its inoperable if your V1 is broken.... you have to connect them together for everything to work...

Ira
October 31st, 2007, 12:59 PM
You need to send a message to sales@efilive.com or to support with both serial numbers and all your information and ask them to ask Donna how to get you the code you need.

Donna said she'd take care of it tomorrow when she phones home if you've sent in all the info she needs.

Ira

nonnieselman
October 31st, 2007, 01:18 PM
You need to send a message to sales@efilive.com or to support with both serial numbers and all your information and ask them to ask Donna how to get you the code you need.

Donna said she'd take care of it tomorrow when she phones home if you've sent in all the info she needs.

Ira

So there is a way.... good... hahah

Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Blacky
October 31st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Just checking to see if you've got the necessary activations codes form EFILive to get your V2 working yet?
Regards
Paul

nonnieselman
November 1st, 2007, 08:21 AM
Just checking to see if you've got the necessary activations codes form EFILive to get your V2 working yet?
Regards
Paul

Hey Paul,
No i have not heard back from anyone as of yet.

Thanks!
Jonathan

dc_justin
November 1st, 2007, 09:22 AM
Yes you have, check your email. :)

GMPX
November 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Just be very careful when you hook something back up to that truck, that has had a major failure with the supply voltage somewhere, it might be just be bad luck that a voltage regulator failed on the unit (there is two), but it looks pretty major to me.

Cheers,
Ross

nonnieselman
November 2nd, 2007, 01:01 AM
Yes you have, check your email. :)

Got it!!

Thanks Justin!

nonnieselman
November 2nd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Just be very careful when you hook something back up to that truck, that has had a major failure with the supply voltage somewhere, it might be just be bad luck that a voltage regulator failed on the unit (there is two), but it looks pretty major to me.

Cheers,
Ross

I think i may know what happen, I will check my LC-1 Input voltage.
My key will come out of the Ignition when its on. So i think it may not have turned off all the way and the LC-1 had power and somehow had its Vodoo magic goin??

Im gettin the volt meter after it today and checking everything..

Thanks for everyones help with this!!!!