PDA

View Full Version : E85 users?

N0DIH
November 4th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Are there any users of E85 here?

I use it off and on depending on the gas prices. Pretty much as long as gas stays more than $0.50 more a gallon, it is break even with E85 use. More than that is cost savings. And less $ into the middle eastern economy is always a benefit...

Drivability is excellent. MPG is down roughly 2 mpg, sometimes as much as 3, on a bad day, 4. But never worse than 4 mpg loss.... Power is up a tad too.

And can anyone explain how GM handles E85 in the FFV vehicles? Do they use a separate E85 timing map, or just out of nature does it just use the high octane timing map?

Thanks!

kbracing96
November 4th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I would run it if i could get it. My turbo would LOVE it. The older FFV have a fuel composition sensor that tells it how much ethanol there is in the fuel, the newer ones, just guess from from what I've heard, cuz they no longer use the fuel comp sensor. Basically from what I've read every time you fill it up, it resets the fuel trims and then uses them and the O2's to determine how much ethanol is in the fuel by how far off it is and then makes a more semi permanent adjustment until you fill up again.

N0DIH
November 4th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Can the Virtual Fuel Sensor tune be used on the the 0411 PCM? Or is that a newer PCM with more memory?