PDA

View Full Version : License available immediately after purchase?

-X-
November 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I'm a prospective customer and have already downloaded the latest stable version for testing. I'm debating on ordering from EFILive directly or another vendor that has a special including a wideband O2 sensor.

My question is if I order directly from EFILive, will I get the licenses via email immediately or do I have to wait for the package to arrive?

Thanks,

-X-

kbracing96
November 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
The cable will have the 2 licenses already on it ready to use :), and there will be a blue card in your box with all the registration info on it, so you can register the demo software.

-X-
November 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Ahh, ok, so I do have to wait for the package to arrive, thanks for the quick response!

ScarabEpic22
November 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Yes, you have to wait for the package to arrive, just having the licenses and no hardware would do you absolutely no good.

EFILive is working hard on setting up an online system for future VIN licenses so you get them instantly, but that is not ready quite yet.

Also, download the latest beta version, 7.5.1 as it has support for more vehicles and program updates. Well worth it. :D

-X-
November 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Roger that on the beta, thanks. I just want to be able to use the demo without the annoying popup warning when looking at parameters. I don't suppose anyone has a quick registry hack for shutting that thing off? PM me with a workaround if you want to keep it confidential. I mean, I already know I can't actually do anything with the demo, and I am in the process of buying V2, but it won't arrive until later this week.

joecar
November 4th, 2007, 03:18 PM
-X- welcome... :cheers:

If you're tuning (upto 2 vehicles), you need the licences the cable comes with (2 licenses, 1 per vehicle);
if you're tuning more than 2 vehicles, you have to purchase additional licenses from the webstore and they will be emailed to you.

What vehicle(s) year/model are you going to tune...?

For scanning/logging, no licenses are required (you just enter the registration info from the blue card mentioned above).

joecar
November 4th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Without the cable, the software still allows you to open log files and tune files
(you can still edit the tune file and save it).

-X-
November 4th, 2007, 03:38 PM
:thankyou2: for the welcome!

2002 Z06 here... V2 purchased earlier and 7.5.1 is in place!

:cool:

dc_justin
November 5th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Congrats on the purchase. Where in VA are you?

-X-
November 5th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Dulles area.