PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Not Picking up Commanded AFR

MN C5
June 27th, 2005, 11:00 AM
I'm puzzled, finally loaded XP SP2 and now Efi Live doesn't show any values for commanded AFR. Loading SP2 probably doesn't have anything to do with it but I'm puzzled as to why this value is showing up as 0. I can't use the auto tune without a represented commanded AFR as far as I know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis

Black02SS
June 27th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Try uninstalling EFI Live and re-installing it. Also, is the correct PID selected? GM.AFR

Blacky
June 27th, 2005, 01:25 PM
If you have just upgraded your EFILive version to 7.2.3, you must revalidate the PIDs (Shift+F2) once you are connected to your vehicle.

Regards
Paul

MN C5
June 27th, 2005, 02:01 PM
It's working now, I knew once I posted it would fix its self :oops: Now to download the new version. The longer I use this software the more I like it.

Thanks for the quick answer Blacky..

MN C5
June 27th, 2005, 02:14 PM
New question, why would the Commanded AFR be a moving target in open loop? I'm getting readings of 7 through 14.7

Dirk Diggler
June 27th, 2005, 02:21 PM
After you start the car you have an after start enrichment table that richens the car up richer than the open loop table. If you take a look at the open loop table and take the factors and dived them by 14.6528 you will get the commanded AFR that will move a little. The hotter the car gets the closer to 13.0 the car wants the run in the higher map values

Black02SS
June 27th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Some of the tables he is refering to are:

B3632 and B3633 IAT and ECT Initial Temp Enrichment. I found these were also giving me some problems with cold starts so I have since zero'd them out and adjusted my EQ Ratio when in open loop table B3605 to command what I actually desire.