PDA

View Full Version : Tuning VE with RR...no effect

Wichita Dyno
November 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I recently purchased and received my RR for use on a 99 WS6 T/a that previously I tuned and upgraded to a COs3. Ive installed the RR pcm and can read my tune for the vehicles original pcm. Boosted VE table matches as well as other tables ive checked. Im working with the main ve table and making changes with no change in my wideband. Can someone help me? Im using a V2 scanner and im watching status and placement in the map and making changes in that area with no effect. Thanks in advance, Chris

kbracing96
November 4th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Is the car in SD mode, or is it still using the MAF? If it still has the MAF enables, it running mostly on it, not the VE table.

Delco
November 4th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Is the road runner in emulation more to make real time changes , you should have the button highlighted.

Wichita Dyno
November 4th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Its in SD mode and yes its highlighted. Ive made big changes with VE numbers in small areas to see if its working...No changes were noticed. It would change idle speed though.

mr.prick
November 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM
the RR makes smaller changes than the usual paste and multiply,
because it will go up and down with changing conditions.
flash memory sucks!

Delco
November 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
the RR makes smaller changes than the usual paste and multiply,
because it will go up and down with changing conditions.
flash memory sucks!

????????????????????

You make the same paste and multiplier changs justthe results are instant ,

try adding 15% across the board and see what effect it makes tio verify your RR is working

Wichita Dyno
November 6th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Thanks very much for everyones help. Geoff at Thunder Racing was a big help. The changes that im making werent big enough to see an change. RR is working flawlessly!!!!!! Thanks,
Chris