PDA

View Full Version : Change From Auto To Manual, idle, stalling.

Dale
November 5th, 2007, 07:14 AM
ok, car is up and running and I'm working on learning the tune stuff. I have several issues like start up problems, idle, stalling. I think most of this is due to what trans it think it has, sooo..

1. The tune I am using is for a L31 Auto, I really need one for a L31 Man. I looked at the holden site and not one single combo there has an L31 manual. Does such thing exist? If so, can someone hook me up? If not, what all needs changed to let it know? Or can I use a tune file off something else and since I gotta change about everything anyway, start from it? I searched and found only one thread where a mod said to start from a whole new tune file. :frown:

2. When first starting the car, if I just crank the key it starts n dies. I have to keep on/pump the gas like an old carb car to get it started. Rev it to about 2500 for about 15sec, then slowly bring it down or it will die. Then when coming up to stop light/sign it will stall unless I slowly bring it down. What chart(s) do I need to edit for this? Once it reaches full temp(closed loop?) it seems to idle decent, only died once on me.

If some of this has been discussed, please link me to the thread as I must not be searching on correct word(s).

Thanks.

Dale
November 7th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Cant anyone atleast answer me on the transmission part. Mod this tune, or start with a complete other one?