PDA

View Full Version : 97,98 fuel sysems

98 tigershark
November 5th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I just Installed an L92 427/24X reluctor, cam, cced heads large springs and an Assie L76 intake ect, a super level 5 auto tranny from RPM transmissions with a 2800 stall torque converter and a new 3.42 cryoed rear and both out put shafts are hardened. I was panicked as my new motor had a different fuel system than 99-04 vettes. Everyone seems to be unhappy wth the pcms in 97-98s. 97-98s have a regulator in the fuel rail system and a high pressure fuel pump in the fuel tank. 99-04s have a smaller presure fuel pump in the fuel tank with no fuel return line unlike 97-98s, and fuel starvation is a common problem on built and boosted motors in 99-04s. I talked with almost every perfomance shop and panicked more as I was hearing in line fuel regulators and all kind of expensive guesses. Then I called GM performance and found out that my fuel pump put out almost exactly what a 06+ Z06's fuel pump put out. All I had to do was plug in my fuel line to the fuel rail inlet and plug up the fuel return line as it would no longer be needed because thhere wouldnt be unneeded fuel returning to the tank. (the second fuel line is the smaller diameter and closer to the front of the car). With EFI LIVE the tuning was a snap. The whole thing including install was only $14,595.00 and I sold my old motor for $5,000.00 ( net cost $10,000.00). I now have 650hp and 625trq at the crank. Without EFI Live and my 98 vette pcm and fuel system I couldnt have done this with my budget. I cant wait to see a 06+Z06 on the street, OPP.s I mean track.
(97-98s Rule):muahaha:
98 Tigershark