PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Power Mode...............

FreddyG
November 7th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I was logging my car today and went to open throttle to try and log the boost VE table and the car went into Reduced Power Mode. I have COS3 OS in my car. It happened twice, and the first time I thought that it was because I forgot to shut off the traction control, but the second time, TC was off and it still came up. I'm pretty lost as to what might have caused this.

If this happens, do you just reload the tune or is there an easier/better way to do it? I pulled into a parking lot and reloaded the tune.

Thanks in advance for the help!:cheers:

joecar
November 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Did you get any DTC's...?

In the engine diagnostics section of the tune, there are some "sanity-check" tables that cause PCM to enter reduced power mode if they are exceeded; these may need to be adjusted for your non-stock airflow and MAP ranges.

FreddyG
November 7th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Did you get any DTC's...?

In the engine diagnostics section of the tune, there are some "sanity-check" tables that cause PCM to enter reduced power mode if they are exceeded; these may need to be adjusted for your non-stock airflow and MAP ranges.

Thanks JoeCar!

I believe the DTC's that were set were erased when I reloaded the tune. I wasn't sure how to reset it, so I just reloaded the tune. Is there an easier way?

Could you Please tell me what the "Sanity Check " tables are and what do I log to fix them?

I also have table C6101 raised to 2500 all the way across the board. Is that right? After looking over some F/I tunes, that seems Very high, but I don't know what to log or how to set that table. I don't really understand that one because the X and Y axis' are RPM and Throttle Opening and how can you have more than 100% throttle opening?

Should I take and put my stock table back in there and multiply it by 200 or more percent or is it alright to have it set at 2500 all the way across?

Thanks again! :cheers:

joecar
November 7th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I don't have my lapyop with me so I can't see which tables they are...
Yes, your C6101 seems high (maybe you should put your stock table back and multiply it by 200%)...

and there's a MAP table also (I can't look it up right now, no laptop).

I seem to recall there's a thread about this same thing somewhere here...

FreddyG
November 7th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Here's my tune if you would Please take a look at it whenever you get a chance.

My Current COS3 Tune..................... (http://members.aol.com/onebadassc5/Blower_COS3_Tune.tun)

Thanks Joecar!

5.7ute
November 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Have a look at the DTC you set in the log. If I remember correctly you were getting a P1514 map/maf throttle position correlation error. Did you try changing the P1514 in C6001 to not reported ?

FreddyG
November 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks Mick!

I had that set to Non Emissions. I just changed it and will try the two of them tomorrow (the C6001 table and the P1514 change) if weather permits.

I've got fingers, toes and even my eyes crossed!

One more question, if you don't mind. When logging how do you filter out cells that have a low count or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks again Guys! I Appreciate the help! :cheers:

5.7ute
November 7th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Activate the edit map properties button on the toolbar, select the empty tab. This is where you set the amount of counts you wish to be counted as empty. Once this is set there is a button on the toolbar with a grid with a red cross through it. This is where you toggle the map to hide the "empty" cells.

FreddyG
November 8th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Thanks Mick!:cheers:

That'll make my life easier because I was manually taking them out using your Dual log Excel sheet.

I was just looking through my tune and came across the C3003 table (predicted MAP Max) and was wondering that since I've got a 2 Bar MAP sensor in there, if I should increase this table too. It's X and Y axis' are TPS and RPM, so I thought that I'd ask before messing with it.

Thanks again!

5.7ute
November 8th, 2007, 10:33 AM
You cannot raise that map as the hard limit is 105kpa.

FreddyG
November 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Can I set it to 105 KPa all the way across the board?

I just took the whole chart and raised it 100%. Does that sound like it'll work?

Thanks Mick! :cheers:

5.7ute
November 8th, 2007, 11:52 AM
It should not be necessary to modify that table, I am sure it is one of those sanity check tables Joecar was mentioning. As I mentioned in the last post the hard limit for this table is 105kpa. this means that whenever you hit boost you will exceed this tables limits which I believe will set a P1514 code.
Since C6001 is now set to not reported for the P1514 code there should be no reduced power mode.

FreddyG
November 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks again Mick! :cheers: It's Guys like You and Joecar (and countless others) that are one of many reasons that I'm glad I went with EfiLive over it's competition!

Here's a picture of my C3003 table. Does this look alright or should I change it back to how it was?

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/Im_FreddyG/C3003.jpg

FreddyG
November 10th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Well, I took it out to log a bit more today and went to open throttle and it came up again! I went through the COS Tutorial again and think that it might have to do with the C6101 table not being high enough. It happened when the A4 trans kicked down. It kicked down and then a second later Reduced Power mode kicked in. After thinking about that for awhile, I let the car shift to second and then reved it to redline (6100 rpm's) and it worked fine. That's what made me think of looking at the trans settings. Any tips that you Guys would be willing to share would be Greatly Appreciated!

Thank You! :cheers:

5.7ute
November 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Post up the log so we can have alook.

FreddyG
November 11th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Post up the log so we can have alook.

Thanks Mick! :cheers:

Are there any trans settings that could trigger Reduced Power Mode?

Here's the last two logs:

Second to the last log............. (http://members.aol.com/onebadassc5/Log_0014.efi)

My last log........... (http://members.aol.com/onebadassc5/Log_0015.efi)

5.7ute
November 12th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Have a look at this thread Rob. It may have some answers for you.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1913&highlight=class

FreddyG
November 13th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Thank You Mick! That was a good read and I'm off to check my grounds! :cheers:

DrX
November 13th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Key off for 15 sec clears REP mode. The associated DTCs will be stored.

FreddyG
November 13th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Key off for 15 sec clears REP mode. The associated DTCs will be stored.

Thanks Dr.X! That'll make it Much easier than reloading my tune every time!:cheers: