PDA

View Full Version : deleting a tune

way2much_01
November 8th, 2007, 02:51 AM
anyone know how to delete a tune it's a mail order tune and they locked it. I know theres a way to delete it and start all over I just dont know how. any help is appreciated.

SSpdDmon
November 8th, 2007, 02:55 AM
I think you have to do a full reflash with a new file over top of the locked one. It should take like 3~4 minutes instead of the 30 seconds that a quick flash takes.

way2much_01
November 8th, 2007, 03:00 AM
how do I do that?

SSpdDmon
November 8th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Well, you need the Commercial version/license. It allows you to do a few more things than the Personal version does (like full flashes, custom operating systems, etc.). If you have that, then to do a full flash, you connect Flashscan to the vehicle/laptop, load the tuning software with the tune you want to load, click Flash (in the menu bar at the top), and select "Program PCM operating system and calibrations..." - OR you can hit Ctrl+Alt+PgDn as a shortcut.

kbracing96
November 8th, 2007, 05:02 AM
You can't write over a locked tune, even with a full rewrite. The locking of the PCM grants you no access to it for reading or writing. You have to have the original tuner unlock it, or get a different PCM.

dc_justin
November 8th, 2007, 07:06 AM
You can't write over a locked tune, even with a full rewrite. The locking of the PCM grants you no access to it for reading or writing. You have to have the original tuner unlock it, or get a different PCM.

:iamwithstupid:

ScarabEpic22
November 8th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I agree, but if the tuner used EFILive call them and have them tell you the key they used so you can unlock it yourself. Otherwise they will have to unlock it for ya.

way2much_01
November 8th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I heard that it would have to be completely deleted and then a new tune uploaded in order to do it but I don't know how to do that.

kbracing96
November 9th, 2007, 04:54 AM
I heard that it would have to be completely deleted and then a new tune uploaded in order to do it but I don't know how to do that.

The only time the flash chip is "deleted" or "erased" is right before a the flashing or writing over of a new tune and you need the proper seed key to be granted access to the flash chip unless you desodder the flash chip from the board and completely reprogram it. If your tune is locked and you don't know who or what was the last to tune it, then you have no chose but to get another PCM and start over. Other wise contact the previous tuner and see if you can have THEM unlock it as they are the only ones who can do it.

Chevy366
November 9th, 2007, 12:21 PM
http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/How_EPROMS_Work
Don't know about the erasing stuff .

JezzaB
November 9th, 2007, 01:37 PM
So for a brute force seed crack you have

$0000 - $FFFF

So 16 ^ 4 = 65536 possible permutations.

Jez