PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to shutoff the AIRBAG light on the dash..?

WHYTRYZ06
November 9th, 2007, 02:49 PM
My car throws a code and its the one that has to do w/the drivers side airbag. I have the airbag light on, on the dash... Can I shut off the light in the tuning tool??? I plan on taking out the pass. airbag as well... Car is a 2001 corvette Z06...

Thanks

Andy

wait4me
November 9th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Not with the tuning tool you cant.

It is a AIRBAG module that is throwing the code. Therefore, EFILive software can not modify that controller.

You can always pull the leds from the dash cluster..

WHYTRYZ06
November 9th, 2007, 03:23 PM
^^^ Thanks... Ill leave it alone.... for now...

joecar
November 9th, 2007, 06:51 PM
You could try to reset the airbag module...

In scantool go Edit->Properties->Options and place a checkmark next to Active Module Detection;
then connect to OBD-II port and do Info->Validate Modules.

In actively detecting all the modules on the serial bus, this may or may not cause each one to reset...

If the airbag module does reset, and it does not have a serious problem, the airbag light may shut off.

I emphasized the word "may".

I was able to reset the BCM like this on my Mrs' N-body (it was throwing codes and preventing engine start).

WHYTRYZ06
November 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
You could try to reset the airbag module...

In scantool go Edit->Properties->Options and place a checkmark next to Active Module Detection;
then connect to OBD-II port and do Info->Validate Modules.

In actively detecting all the modules on the serial bus, this may or may not cause each one to reset...

If the airbag module does reset, and it does not have a serious problem, the airbag light may shut off.

I emphasized the word "may".

I was able to reset the BCM like this on my Mrs' N-body (it was throwing codes and preventing engine start).

Thank you sir.

I will try this as soon as the new motor goes in, and I will get back to you with a report!!!

2002_z28_six_speed
November 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM
If you are removing the airbags you need to put resistors in place of the shorting coils. If you pull LEDS the IP cluster won't like it and will light up a new light.

mistermike
November 11th, 2007, 02:29 AM
You can get into the BCM with one of the more recent Genesys or Snap On scanners, and of course a Tech 2. One of the most common failures is a bad clockspring in the column. An asshole turned my wheel with the rack disconnected and completely wacked the clockspring. No airbag, horn, or radio controls. A scanner verified the spring failure, but the multiple symptoms didn't really need a scanner to diagnose.

WHYTRYZ06
November 11th, 2007, 11:34 AM
You can get into the BCM with one of the more recent Genesys or Snap On scanners, and of course a Tech 2. One of the most common failures is a bad clockspring in the column. An asshole turned my wheel with the rack disconnected and completely wacked the clockspring. No airbag, horn, or radio controls. A scanner verified the spring failure, but the multiple symptoms didn't really need a scanner to diagnose.

Interesting..... maby its the clockspring??? It was at the shop when it happned.. Possibility???? youve got me thinking???????......