PDA

View Full Version : Poorly scaled maf vs afr question?

tuff
June 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I have been thinking about what the topic says.If your maf is not scaled properly will it effect your wot afr if your afr was tuned. Is there any power laying on the table at wot. Maf scaled vs non scaled if the afr is the same? This might sound like a stupid question but im just curious.

SSpdDmon
June 28th, 2005, 03:37 PM
If I understand your questions correctly, yes the MAF has an effect on your AFR. That's why we tune in SD...to eliminate the input from the MAF. If your car is tuned and you are reporting correct AFR's in closed/open loop operation, I'd leave the MAF alone. If you did a SD tune, plugged your MAF back in, and now your fuel trims are a bit off...then you need to rescale the MAF. Does this make sense?

tuff
June 29th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Yea it makes sence.The only reason im asking is we had a car dyno tuned and it has a 85slp maf and when the guy tuned it he said you don't have to worry about scaling the maf.And now the car runs like shit at part throttle and the car was down on power quit a bit.And it didnt pull the rpms that it should have.But the afr was perfect so im just trying to rule out that the maf has nothing to do with being down on power.Some people are saying to big of a cam the motor is a 408 13.5 compression with a solid roller 730 lift with like a 274 286 duration on a 112lsa these are ruff specs don't know exact.Were thinking a cam change?