PDA

View Full Version : V2 Updates delays

minytrker
November 12th, 2007, 05:01 AM
First let me say I love EFI Live and how well it works. EFI has opened many doors for me with my tuning business with there great product. So please don't think this is me bashing EFI Live. EFI is by far the best tuning software out IMO, hands down. My only complaint is there update timeframes. I know alot of it out of there control but there has to be a better way. I mean V2 release was late, BB logging is really late, almost all the upgrades and great selling points of V2 are still not out almost a year later. It just seems EFI keeps falling futher and futher behind. Some days I wonder if I bought the right tuning software for my business....but then I use EFI and remember why I went with it. I have had the other softwares out there and I prefer EFI LIve over them still. Is there a way the releases can just be more on time. It seems like the other tuning software is always ahead of EFI by months on releases.

Blacky
November 12th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Hi Lorenz,

Early in the V2 hardware development cycle we miscalculated the time, cost and effort required to develop the V2 and AutoCal hardware platforms and firmware. That miscalculation caused everything that relies on those two prodcuts to be late (the later they are, the later everything else is). I know you've heard this many times, but once we get V2 and AutoCal released as they were originally designed (i.e. with BB logging and standalone flashing) then subsequent software development projects can be delivered on time.

The last V7.5 pre-release is due out this week - the next V7.5 release will be the stable public full installation (i.e. the CD release).
V7.5 will be followed closely by the first BB logging release for V2 (before end of Nov).

There are also changes in the works for EFILive's products including but not limited to:

1. A new installation method that provides web based, automatic, incremental software and firmware updates.
2. Online 24x7 license purchasing is very close to delivery.
3. A new, easier to use online store.
4. The V8 software, which has been designed to allow fast implementation for adding complete vehicle support.

We undedrstand customers' sentiments about missed deadlines and we have put (and are still putting) procedures and products in place that will prevent serious delays from occuring in future. We know it has not been acceptable and I probably more concerned about it than any one else.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
November 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Im just a guy looking to tune my ride, and EFILive was the way to go for me, so Im happy I went with it. I have to agree, Ive been a little disappointed with timeframes, but at least the end result is working and not half-a$$ed.

Paul, cant wait to see this stuff up and running, it will help so much, especially the update process and online licensing. :D

jollyrogr
November 12th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Whats the ETA on standalone flashing?