PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan V2 Wiring w/Innovate LC-1

-X-
November 15th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Hi all,

New member here, I had the LC-1 installed and the yellow & brown analog wires run to the glove box last week. The LC-1 I bought didn't have a green analog ground wire per EFILive's LC-1 Installation Guide, it only has six wires.

I called diynoob (Tony) at MPH and he confirmed that I needed to run two more ground wires from the common ground point (where the blue and white grounds are located). So the ground wires have been run to the glove box and one ground was connected to the two-hole orange connector along with the yellow analog wire. The other ground and analog will feed to a DynoTune AFR gauge when it arrives (hopefully today).

Anyhow, the LC-1 install guide only has a picture of the V1 device, so where exactly does the connector fit on the V2 device and can someone confirm the orientation of the two wires themselves in the connector?

A picture showing a working V2 device with the two wires connected via the orange connector would be most helpful.

Thx,

-X-

Goldfinger911
November 15th, 2007, 06:26 AM
On the back of the V2, is a pinout diagram. When looking at the V2 from the front, the first pins to the extreme left are the 5v inputs you will want to use. The sticker on the back of the V2 chassis shows which pin is "+" and which is "-". The "+" goes to one of the linear outputs of your LC-1 and the "-" goes to the same ground as the LC-1 ground. The LC-1 instructions state that they all should be grounded as close to one another as possible. Then, the linear output you chose is the one you configure in the LC-1 config software as explained in the tutorial: http://download2.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/LC-1%20Installation%20Tutorial.pdf.

-X-
November 15th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I took a picture of the back of my V2 along with the connector with the left wire (green) being the ground and the right wire (yellow) being the analog wire. It's a camera phone pic in low light, but it's good enough:

https://solarflux.org/img/V2-connector.png

As you can see, there's no pinout diagram on my V2. I drew an arrow to the two slots where I think they should go, but without the pinout diagram, it's a shot in the dark.

The LC-1 Installation PDF shows a V1 in the picture, so that's why I'm asking for someone to post a pic of a V2 with the connector correctly attached (ground and analog wires labelled would be nice), or the V2 pinout diagram itself.

Goldfinger911
November 15th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Scanning my V2 back right now for you...

Goldfinger911
November 15th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Ok. This is the back of my V2 and the wiring diagram decal. The first 8 pins on the right side (left side if looking from the front) are the analog inputs. I am using the first pair (A1) for my LC-1 5v input and ground.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

-X-
November 15th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Ok, so the ground wire needs to be on the left side and the connector is connected on the last two pins on the far left.

From the front, it would be:

A1|A2|A3|A4| OBDII |S1|S2|T1|T2|
-+
GA
RN
OA
UL
NO
DG

Thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated.

-X-
November 15th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Hooked everything up and did the external self-test on the V2 and A1 was reading 0.0V (WTF?). Switched to A2 and started getting a variable voltage reading, so I'm good to go. Now to add some PIDs...

Thanks again.

-X-
November 19th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Just because I wasn't sure that the wires were correct, I connected the other pair and when I checked the voltage, it was around 3-4v. The original pair was <1v. Which pair goes to the scanner and which goes to the AFR gauge?

kbracing96
November 19th, 2007, 04:15 AM
The lc-1 is preprogramed with one output set to 0-1v Narrow band style or to your gauge and the other output 0-5v wide band style, but both outputs are programmable if you read the instruction. The 0-5v set is what you would be hooking up to you V2. ;)