PDA

View Full Version : I'm at my wits end,Can anyone help me?

JS1965
November 16th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I cant get the car to idle,the tune is totally screwed up
Can anyone help me with this tune,I have a 232-234 595-598 112+2 cam in this car and I cant get it to cold start,it also goes up as i come to a stop w/o touching the brakes.

Redline Motorsports
November 16th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Try this file for starters;

How does the car run otherwise?

Howard

Redline Motorsports
November 25th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Hello!

What was the outcome of this??

Howard

TFZ_Z06
November 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Can anyone help me with this tune,I have a 232-234 595-598 112+2 cam in this car and I cant get it to cold start,it also goes up as i come to a stop w/o touching the brakes.

I use a slightly smaller cam on 112+2 also and I would suggest, adjust:

1) Ensure FUEL TRIMS at idle are close to zero +/- 1.6% or so. If your fuel trims are off, stop here and fix that first.
2) Set DESIRED IDLE SPEEDS3)
3) Datalog to find out what lb/min you are at idle, then Adjust the
DESIRED AIRFLOW at or above this number. I did not have to adj cracker/follower to make mine work right.

If you have problems with the floating at idle, thats probably the desired airflow too high or decay rate needs adjusting. I hope this helps.
My car idles almost like stock, so its a good general procedure.
Keep in mind if your fuel trims are off, you don't have a good base to start tuning on.

Redline Motorsports
November 26th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I use a slightly smaller cam on 112+2 also and I would suggest, adjust:

1) Ensure FUEL TRIMS at idle are close to zero +/- 1.6% or so. If your fuel trims are off, stop here and fix that first.
2) Set DESIRED IDLE SPEEDS3)
3) Datalog to find out what lb/min you are at idle, then Adjust the
DESIRED AIRFLOW at or above this number. I did not have to adj cracker/follower to make mine work right.

If you have problems with the floating at idle, thats probably the desired airflow too high or decay rate needs adjusting. I hope this helps.
My car idles almost like stock, so its a good general procedure.
Keep in mind if your fuel trims are off, you don't have a good base to start tuning on.

I'm still waiting for a response from him as to if he even did anything. You figured that when someone asks for help they would followup to the post they started....

I modified his file and wanted to know what happend....

ssvolvo
August 6th, 2008, 07:36 AM
So Howard,

He didn't respond but you sure helped my car out!!

Just did CNC heads/cam on my daily driver. 220R on 112 Texas Speed. 5.3 Heads are like a work of art, I should have mounted them on the wall (at hunting camp so says my wife)!

Same problem after doing VE. Upon startup it would stall, would have to feather the throttle to keep it running. Been searching the tables all afternoon, finally figured I'd search the forums. Glad I did.

225/55 tires just don't cut it anymore, the thing RIPS your head off when it comes on the cam.

Howard please post your address:secret:....I owe you a hundred bucks!

Thanks,

John:grin: need new tires....again!

Redline Motorsports
August 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM
So Howard,

He didn't respond but you sure helped my car out!!

Just did CNC heads/cam on my daily driver. 220R on 112 Texas Speed. 5.3 Heads are like a work of art, I should have mounted them on the wall (at hunting camp so says my wife)!

Same problem after doing VE. Upon startup it would stall, would have to feather the throttle to keep it running. Been searching the tables all afternoon, finally figured I'd search the forums. Glad I did.

225/55 tires just don't cut it anymore, the thing RIPS your head off when it comes on the cam.

Howard please post your address:secret:....I owe you a hundred bucks!

Thanks,

John:grin: need new tires....again!

Thats cool! :grin:

No money needed! Just learn from the differences!

Howard

Gelf VXR
August 16th, 2008, 11:11 PM

I was interested in this question as I am looking to go down this route, head and cam package.

I was interested to see what changes were made for idle when i spotted your PE commanded AFR?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/andysa1966/leancruisepe.jpg