PDA

View Full Version : need a little help from the experts

DaddySS
November 16th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I ahve most of my tune really working well now and have it running really well. Idle, accel and decel, slow roll, etc. all are really excellent.

My problem is this - after about 40 minutes on the road it begins to deteriorate and runs choppy.

Has anyone else encontered this and what did you find?

dfe1
November 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Are you sure it's time related? It sounds more like a temprerature issue-- perhaps after 40+/- minutes of driving, inlet air or coolant temperature rises enough to cause changes in timing or fuel. I don't know of any timers that would cause a change after the first few minutes of drive time, but there are a lot of temperature-referenced tables. Have you determined whether fuel or spark is getting whacked?

DaddySS
November 16th, 2007, 03:29 PM
You're right, it's not timr but iat and ect are remaining constant. I get the distinct impression that it is running richer, like the 02 sensors are over heating or something but my 02 bung for the wideband needs to be repaired so I can't measure it. It's just strange as I don't see it in fuel trims, or 02 frequency but it definitely gets a distinct roughness, starts to feel "flat".

dfe1
November 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM
What about spark timing? Any significant change in it?

mr.prick
November 16th, 2007, 06:36 PM
IATs over 96*F tend to lean me out.

DaddySS
November 17th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Interestingly, yesterday it drove perfect all the way, main difference:
Bad Day - IAT 63 at start of run, 64 toward the end
Good Day - IAT at 59 at start, 43 toward the end