PDA

View Full Version : Little advice please...

WHYTRYZ06
November 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM
What PID's do I need to log when tuning in OLSD mode??? Could I get a list please....

THANKS

SSpdDmon
November 17th, 2007, 09:18 AM
SAE.TP
GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA
CALC.BEN_LM11
GM.DYNAIR
GM.AFR
GM.IACDES_B
SAE.ECT
SAE.RPM
EXT.AD1
SAE.FUELSYS
SAE.SPARKADV
SAE.IAT
SAE.MAP
GM.MANVAC
GM.MAFFREQ
GM.KR
SAE.VSS
CALC.AFR_LM11

That's what I was logging...

WHYTRYZ06
November 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
SAE.TP
GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA
CALC.BEN_LM11
GM.DYNAIR
GM.AFR
GM.IACDES_B
SAE.ECT
SAE.RPM
EXT.AD1
SAE.FUELSYS
SAE.SPARKADV
SAE.IAT
SAE.MAP
GM.MANVAC
GM.MAFFREQ
GM.KR
SAE.VSS
CALC.AFR_LM11

That's what I was logging...

Why would you log GM.MAFFREQ..???? If running OLSD w/out a MAF why would you log it???

And what is GM.IACDES_B...????

THANKS

SSpdDmon
November 17th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Because once you have the SD part dialed in, the idea was that you log MAF Hz vs. GM.DYNAIR so that you could construct a new MAF curve.

GM.IACDES_B (at least on an f-body) shows how much air was being let in through the IAC valve, which is done instead by the ETC on C5's. I'm not sure if it'll work for your application. If it does, it should help you with the Desired Idle Airflow table (Idle).

WHYTRYZ06
November 17th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Because once you have the SD part dialed in, the idea was that you log MAF Hz vs. GM.DYNAIR so that you could construct a new MAF curve.

GM.IACDES_B (at least on an f-body) shows how much air was being let in through the IAC valve, which is done instead by the ETC on C5's. I'm not sure if it'll work for your application. If it does, it should help you with the Desired Idle Airflow table (Idle).

But I wanna ditch the MAF...and if youre doing an SD tune isnt the MAF suposto be shutoff??? so how could you log the MAF w/it being shutoff???

SOMhaveit
November 17th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I believe you still have it in faillure mode, so the PCM doesn't use the MAF, but you can plug the MAF in and log the MAF Hz.

SSpdDmon
November 17th, 2007, 05:31 PM
SD only ignores the MAF for fueling since it's reported as a failure. You can still log what the MAF is reporting.

If the MAF pid or the IAC pid doesn't make sense for you to log....then you don't have to. I was only posting what I had logged when I went OLSD. Most of those are what you're gonna want though.

WHYTRYZ06
November 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM
^^^Thanks.... Thats cool for peeps who still wanna log the MAF...

Its getting closer Jeff.....

Jeff do you need to do autoVE when converting to OLSD mode?? Can the VE be left stock if possible??? just curious....

thanks

WHYTRYZ06
November 17th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Jeff where is, GM.DYNAIR located in the PID sections??? cant find it....

SSpdDmon
November 18th, 2007, 07:25 AM
If the car is going to run in SD, then you need to dial in the VE table. The only way you could potentially get away with leaving it stock is on a bolt-ons only car running closed loop speed density. The fuel trims (once learned) would keep part throttle in check and you'd have to dial in WOT through PE. But, it's more than likely that commanded AFR wouldn't match watch the WB reports.

GM.DYNAIR is under 'Air' in the System drop down menu. :)

WHYTRYZ06
November 18th, 2007, 02:04 PM
If the car is going to run in SD, then you need to dial in the VE table. The only way you could potentially get away with leaving it stock is on a bolt-ons only car running closed loop speed density. The fuel trims (once learned) would keep part throttle in check and you'd have to dial in WOT through PE. But, it's more than likely that commanded AFR wouldn't match watch the WB reports.

GM.DYNAIR is under 'Air' in the System drop down menu. :)

Cool, found it..