PDA

View Full Version : Cant perform full OS reflash

Cobra#3747
November 17th, 2007, 04:48 AM
I have the latest update 7.5xxx version running, I tried to perform a full reflash on one of the trucks I program this morning

The screen would go through all the motions, then say reflash was complete, even though it had not taken more than 20 seconds from start to finish. After the 15 second countdown was completed I got the following error message

"Cannot create file c:\programfiles\efilive\v7\configuration\pcmlocks. ini. Access denied"

Anyone???

Blacky
November 17th, 2007, 07:19 AM
If you running on Windows Vista (although the problem may occur on XP as well) then it may be a file/folder permissions problem.

The same thing happened on some of our Vista machines a few days ago. It only started happening after the last security update issued by Microsoft.

To fix the problem, I deleted the following two files:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\EFILive_Scan.exe
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\EFILive_Tune.exe
and re-installed them.

Try doing the same thing, delete those two files, then re-extract them from the latest zip file that you downloaded.

There is probably a more "friendly" way to fix the problem but I don't know what that might be yet.

Regards
Paul

Cobra#3747
November 17th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yes Windows Vista

thanks, I will try that, not sure when I will get the truck back, but will try it then

just fyi, I performed a full DSP5 OS on a LLY this afternoon and it worked flawless

horsehaulin
June 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
If you running on Windows Vista (although the problem may occur on XP as well) then it may be a file/folder permissions problem.

The same thing happened on some of our Vista machines a few days ago. It only started happening after the last security update issued by Microsoft.

To fix the problem, I deleted the following two files:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\EFILive_Scan.exe
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\EFILive_Tune.exe
and re-installed them.
Try doing the same thing, delete those two files, then re-extract them from the latest zip file that you downloaded.

There is probably a more "friendly" way to fix the problem but I don't know what that might be yet.

Regards
Paul
How do I do this on my computer, Vista equiped?

Tony

Blacky
June 4th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Using Windows Explorer, locate the three files:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Scan.exe
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Tune.exe
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\obdiiv7.dll
Right click on each in turn and select Delete.

Then re-run the EFILive installation, the installer will detect that those files are missing and give you some options like Customize, Uninstall and Repair. Select the repair option and the installer will re-install those two files.

Warning: If you have applied any of the beta updates then doing this will undo many of the beta updates that you've applied.

Probably a better option would be to try setting the permissions on the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 folder by right clicking the V7.5 folder name and selecting Properties. Then click on the [Security] tab page then the [Edit] button. Select Users and check the "Full Control" check box. The Modify check box should also get checked when you do that. Then click [Ok] to close the edit window and [Ok] again to close the properties window. You may need to do the same thing for the Configuration folder as well.

Regards
Paul

duramaxdaddy29
June 4th, 2008, 02:53 PM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8152
I had the same problem and had to uninstalled the scan tool and then reinstall it and it worked on mine. Hope thats all you have to do. My post said not able to reflash

johnv
June 5th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Ahh !
same problem with mine the other day when I tried to load a COS :doh2:

ended up plugging the bench harness into my PC (windows XP)
and loaded ok . same software version as laptop with Vista.

horsehaulin
June 5th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Got it to work fine now, Uninstalled everything and started from scratch. Works good thus far. I am just wondering now if this will happen eveytime a new security patch comes out from Microsoft?

Tony