PDA

View Full Version : scanning a 97 SS

trudynosports
June 30th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Anyone know why the scan won't do bidirectional control or scan and reset body control mod. codes?

AL

Blacky
June 30th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Anyone know why the scan won't do bidirectional control or scan and reset body control mod. codes?

AL

97 SS - do you mean Camaro? Only 97 C5's had LS1.
bi-di controls are only available for LS1/LS6.

Not sure why the body control codes are not being cleared.
Which modules are listed in the [OBDII (F7)] tab page, [MODs] subpage?
Hint: Click [Copy] button at bottom of page and then paste them into the reply.

Paul

trudynosports
June 30th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Yes, Camaro SS and I know it's an LT1, just didn't know the Bi-Direc didn't work on them.

Just the PCM $10 is listed, Car has ABS Inop Light Lit

Blacky
June 30th, 2005, 01:31 PM
In order to speed up the module detection in EFILive V7, EFILive only checks for "known" modules. The LT1 may have a module that we don't check.

Does EFILive V7 display DTCs from the ABS system when you click on the Display DTC's (red engine) icon in the toolbar?
If so, it will also show the module identifire for the ABS system, like the PCM which is $10.

If you can see the module identifer, then you can manually add it to the list of "known" modules by adding the module ID on a new line to the file called: My Documents\EFILive\V7\PIDs\<VIN>.vml
where <VIN> is the first 11 digits of your vehicle's VIN with the 9th digit (the checksum) replaced by an underscore character.

Use Notedpad to edit the file - make sure EFILive is not running when you edit the file.
You can check if your change worked by looking at the [OBDII (F7)] tab page [MODs] subpage.
If you ever run the "Validate modules" option, any changes you have made to that file wil be overwritten and you will need to add the module ID again.

Then next time you connect to a vehicle with a matching VIN, EFILive will assume that the modules in that file exist and will attempt to clear the DTCs from all modules in that file when requested.

Regards
Paul

trudynosports
July 1st, 2005, 05:38 AM
The funny thing is that it does not show a DTC for the ABS though the ABS Inop light is lit on the dash of the car. I have looked for some addressing on the 97 LT1 and have had no luck. Even my MAC scanner does not find the DTC. There may be a prob. with the BCM I guess.

Aaron.

Highlander
July 1st, 2005, 08:18 AM
Using your mac scanner you have to get into the abs module... if you do not have abs capabilities you will not be able to check them. The abs is on a different module than the pcm.