PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help!!!

trymyz
November 19th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I am getting pretty frustrated with my car suddenly shutting off at 6400 rpm. I have tried everything I can think of and read to fix it. I am throwing no codes. Will somebody please look at my log and tune. The car is a 1997 c5 with a 383 and a t-trim. It is only pushing about 6lbs. I have 42lb injectors and have cut the ve and ifr. At this point I am lost. Thanks.

rally1
November 19th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Hi there, at a quick look over the tune your VE table could do with some more work its not the smoothest, looking at the log your TPS is dropping down to 12% is that because you are backing out due to the drop in power or is that part of the fault? a little more info would be good, Running boost have you looked into a custom operating system?

trymyz
November 20th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I know the Ve could use some work. I just did a quick ve tune after scaling the injectors down to see if that would take care of my problem. The 12% is when letting off throttle. If you look a where it hits 6400 and some change my foot is still in it. The car just shuts down. I have tried to log dynair in speed density but cannot get it to work for some reason.

eurospec1
November 20th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I know the Ve could use some work. I just did a quick ve tune after scaling the injectors down to see if that would take care of my problem. The 12% is when letting off throttle. If you look a where it hits 6400 and some change my foot is still in it. The car just shuts down. I have tried to log dynair in speed density but cannot get it to work for some reason.

I cant look at your tune couse im at work, but look under rev limiter, i bet you have your fuel cut off set to the RPM you want, but theres a table for ETC (electronic throttle control), you need to set that RPM the same as your fuel cut off, when you hit that ETC cutoff the throttle will shut no matter what you do with your foot, my guess is the ETC cutoff is set below your shift point

eboggs_jkvl
November 20th, 2007, 05:31 AM
ETC is 410 K/hr. Whatever the hell that is in MPH! :D

rally1
November 20th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I don’t think it will have a Electronic Throttle so there will be no ETC RPM limiter, I might be wrong but only having 512mb should mean its non ETC, Im at work now so can not look at the tune.
Can you please log injector duty?

joecar
November 20th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Your car is a 1997 C5... I don't think they have electronic throttle...

if this is so, then your TPS not going downto 0% is a problem.

SSpdDmon
November 20th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Try PMing this guy. (http://forum.efilive.com/member.php?u=444) :)

SSpdDmon
November 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM
The thing that has me curious is what part of the timing table you're in. You do realize you're commanding 18~19* of timing when you were going WOT in that log and getting some decent KR in the process, right? I'd be starting around 15~16* of timing with that setup if I were you.

Speaking of timing, are you running SD? I ask because you're logging GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA for your grams/cylinder measure, yet it's acting quite odd under WOT. Is everything ok with your MAP sensor? If you're still running a MAF, you want the GM.CYLAIR_DMA for grams/cylinder.

Check over that stuff and give Jesse a holler. You'll find your bug eventually. :)

wait4me
November 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
IT is a major fuel issue. Do you have a wideband? As for the injector flow rate. That is way off. Also the VE table is WAY too low of values for a boosted app. The cut off must be fuel related. ??

wait4me
November 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM
ALso the MAF sensor P0101,p0102,p0103 not being shut off correctly is throwing off the thinking on the pcm. You need to set those to "c".

It is still trying to blend with the MAf. I would check fuel pressure also at WOT. But it just looks like you are commanding a VERY VERY VERY lean condition at WOT.

trymyz
November 20th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I will reset my codes, but I put the ifr and ve low because I read where the dynamic air flow gets to high it shuts engine off. As far as fuel I am commanding 11.5 for part of the pe and 12.0 on the top and my wideband is close give or take a few percent. And the maf is in the trunk. I am trying to tune it without the maf. I forgot to mention, my lm-1 is configured a little different to get efi to match closer. I forget what the file is called. I had about 3 degrees of knock and have changed that since. The 11 degrees is when the car shut off. Also, on the way home it held till 6600 and I noticed a code p1281. I wonder if this has something to do with it.

eurospec1
November 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Your car is a 1997 C5... I don't think they have electronic throttle...

if this is so, then your TPS not going downto 0% is a problem.

I don’t think it will have a Electronic Throttle so there will be no ETC RPM limiter, I might be wrong but only having 512mb should mean its non ETC, Im at work now so can not look at the tune.
Can you please log injector duty?

All C5's, even the 97-98's with the 256kb bastard PCM have electronic throttle bodies...

joecar
November 21st, 2007, 07:16 AM
Oh, I didn't realize they all had ETC... :redface:

rally1
November 21st, 2007, 11:27 AM
My bad!!! :frown: