PDA

View Full Version : VE vs Timing Gms Per Cyl

MN C5
July 3rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Help me out here guys, if I'm SD tuning isn't the timing directly related to the VE table values at each MAP value? If so has someone done the conversion from VE values to Grams/Cylinder ? Or is there a way to program EFI live to convert this?

Thanks

Black02SS
July 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
If you really wanted to you could make a MAP that reflects timing in correlation to RPM and MAP. The problem with this is you will have several different timing values in different Gm/cyl for a single MAP. What you want to do doesn't seem benifical. Can you elaborate more on why/what you are trying to accomplish?

GMPX
July 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
Even in SD mode the PCM still 'predicts' the g/cyl airflow, so you don't need to convert anything to anything, the PCM does it for you.
Just use the PID - GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA, this is the g/cyl value the PCM is using to lookup the spark tables with in SD mode.

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
July 4th, 2005, 02:44 AM
If you really wanted to you could make a MAP that reflects timing in correlation to RPM and MAP. The problem with this is you will have several different timing values in different Gm/cyl for a single MAP. What you want to do doesn't seem benifical. Can you elaborate more on why/what you are trying to accomplish?

I'm just trying to guage what impact changes to the VE table have on Grams/Cyl. And to what extend changing the VE table affects timing.