PDA

View Full Version : Please look at my trany log...

hquick
November 23rd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hi Guys,
I have no idea what to look at as far as trany's go.
Can someone please have a look at this log and let me know what you see...what I shoud be seeing/looking for?
Thanks

Howard

hquick
November 23rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Doesn't seem to want to kick down???

joecar
November 24th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Howard,

Try settting D0960, D0961, D0962 all to 100% all across.

hquick
November 25th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks Joe.
I get a stutter/bucking which seems to be TCC and heat related.
Any suggestions on how to st up my trany tables?
Currently I have the stock van tune settings in there.

MICK
November 26th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Back to the old grind stone Howard.

More things to play with than ever...LOL

:D

hquick
November 26th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah....
Was just chatting with 5.7 Ute (the other Mick...not the Evil one..Lol!)
Hey..hate your avatar...but I really like your signature.

hquick
November 26th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Well, tried running my 60E settings and the Burb ran OK.
But...still getting this bucking at around the 2000rpm, low speed area (around 40kph).
No idea! I don't know if it's TCC related or not? deffinately seems to be heat related as it only starts once the truck's warmed up. I don't believe I'm running hot though...trany or motor. :bawl:

joecar
November 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Howard,

My opinion ($0.02): at around 2000 RPM (near the start of the log), 22°-23° timing may be too advanced... and it's also knocking right there too.

I don't think it's related to TCC locking to early... your engine should have plenty of torque at 2000 RPM to be able to pull thru with TCC locked; I wonder if a temperature based modfier table is kicking in...

do experiement: set TCC locking to occur at sigmificantly higher speed (i.e. putting it well above the 2000 RPM region), and see if the same symptoms occur or not.

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

I like Mick's other avatar, the scull one. ;)

hquick
November 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks Joe....every bit of advice helps.

Howard

hquick
November 26th, 2007, 05:25 PM
This is a log I just ran using my 60E settings...still doing it.
I think it's deffinately heat related but this afternoon it wasn't as bad???..And the weather was warmer!

hquick
November 26th, 2007, 11:17 PM
OK....I just swapped my old High and Low octane spark tables over to the new tune and it only got a total 0.6KR on a log.
It feels better but there is still some bucking..but ALOT less.
I'm thinking (thanks Mick...and Evil Mick) I need to revisit A0008 and A0014 again?
Any thoughts?
THe KR is right at about frame 3900 when the IAT jumps up 10oC

joecar
November 27th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Altho I haven't looked at your today's logs yet, I agree on revisiting A0008/A0014.

hquick
November 27th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks Joe.

Here's another log. Got 7.8KR as I was accelerating onto the freeway this morning. Again...IAT jumped by 10oC. frame 700-740.

hquick
November 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Maybe it's time for this thread to be moved to the general area..but I'm on a roll so....
I decided to 're-visit' the A0014 table and after reading and re-reading a number of threads I decided to try 'Oztrack's settings (from this thread http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2270&highlight=A0014 )
Worked well. Gave it a little stick and no KR at the higher IAT temps.
A little Burst Knock though. How do I combat this?
I still get a little bucking in the same area's.

P.S. Someone feel free to move this thread or break it up and put it in the more appropriate section if you see fit.

Oh...and what sort of trany temps should I be seeing? What's considered 'normal'?

RetroAus
November 27th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Burst knock is not a bad thing... I cant remember table numbers sorry....
It allows you to run max spark but will remove spark at high rates of change of airflow to prevent KR initiating....Anybody correct me if I am wrong...You can reduce or even remove its effects ...
Cheers
Kyle

joecar
November 28th, 2007, 04:17 AM
TFT between 170F and 190F is good... 160F is ok, 199F is ok... your logs show you're good/ok.

(sorry for the imperial units... :redface:)

hquick
November 28th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks Kyle.

Thanks Joe.

hquick
November 28th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Tried changing my B3647 table to 11.5 in the 100kpa column and setting the A0014 table back to 1.00 across the aboard (so ineffective).
Logged rthis morning and pushed to get intake temps up. Basically, as soon as I'm in the 65-70oC range....I get KR. Not as bad today...only 3.5 but still there nonetheless.
I decided to go back and try altering my A0014 table again to only become active above 60oC.
I also pushed the B6210 table (Burst Knock Delta Air Mass) up a smidge.

hquick
November 29th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Tried adjusting the throttle cracker and follower a little. Didn't seem to make any difference.
I'm back to where I was prior to the 80E where I was getting a lean spike (tip in?) as soon as I touch the accelerator.
Never managed to solve it last time either.
I've never played with cracker/follower...anything I should know?
I did a search and found all I could..but nothing seems to be definate.
I was thinking if I pull the cracker back a little in the correct rev/speed range I may be able to get rid of the bucking? I was also thinking by adjusting the follower it may help to reduce that lean spike?

joecar
November 30th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Thinking Out Loud.... I wonder if this can be fixed by enabling PE down low...?

hquick
November 30th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Hey Joe....any brainstorming is appreciated
I'm still convinced the bucking is somehow heat related...a setting in a table somewhere. I just can't see it! :nixweiss:

joecar
November 30th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I'll look at your tune/log files in post #19 tonite.

hquick
November 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks alot Joe,
There's a few guys helping me out with this but a fresh set of eyes and a different perspective can sometimes be the difference.

joecar
December 1st, 2007, 07:37 AM
If I see something I'll point it out...

You may want to also log TCCMODE so we can get an idea of what the TCC is doing.

hquick
December 2nd, 2007, 09:36 AM
Here's a log from this morning after hooking up with Jezza.B on the weekend and using his Roadrunner (Thanks Jez).

First tune is OLSD non smoothed. Seems to have no bucking bgut still some KR.
Second is smoothed and using O2's. This brought the bucking back.
Log is from OLSD tune.

hquick
December 5th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Ok...here's where I'm at.
I still get the bucking sometimes.
I seem to be losing timing in some spots.
I've come to the conclusion that I don't think it's trany related as the trany seems to be behaving as commanded.
Here in this log you can see the timing take a dive (frame 1054-> ) for...no apparent reason that I can see??? :nixweiss:
Can anyone see why?
I felt a severe loss of power under acceleration. Felt like tring to accel with the handbrake on and there was some bucking.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Hopefully someone else will also get some useful info out of me posting my findings. Seems my Burb is rather 'unique'. :bash: :D