PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging beta version is now available

Blacky
November 23rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
After too many delays the BB logging beta software is now available for download.

Before installing the BB logging beta software on your PC or laptop, please make sure you have the latest V7.5 release software installed on your PC or laptop. You can download the V7.5 release here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6646 (free registration required)
We highly recommend updating to the latest calibration definition files available here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6641 (free registration required)

Download the BB logging update in two parts:
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V7/EFILive_V751_025_68.zip
and
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_V811_008_08.zip

Please, please, please read the attached Readme_First.rtf document completely and be sure you understand everything contained within it.

Some late breaking info that is not available in the Readme_First.rtf file:

Splash screen images MUST be 128x64 with a color/bit depth of 1.
When FlashScan or the EFILive_Explorer application displays an error, only the error code is displayed. To lookup what each error code means, please see the file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\EFIliveV8_Errors.txt
Descriptive error messages will be added in future updates.
Each subfolder contains a Readme.txt file explaining the purpose of the files in the folder.Regards
Paul

P.S. Thanks everyone for your patience. I know it is wearing very thin. That you continue to support us makes it all worth while. From here on, software and firmware updates will be faster and more robust.

Chalky
November 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks Blacky.

Will give it a try tomorrow,

Appeciate the effort to get it rolled out and made available.

TAQuickness
November 23rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Awesome!

Hyper99
November 23rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Excellent,

Rolled though the software easily. Firmware upgraded no problem.:D

Bootblock changed with no issues.:D

Formatted the internal memory, moved in the .Pmm files and the config.ini ( I LIKE the EFI EXPLORER interface - Nicely done:D )

Formatted a 512 meg SD card:D

Will play more tomorrow. :cucumber:

Thank you for all the hard work Paul!!:rockon:

Garry
November 23rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
:beer: :master: :notacrook:

Anyway, just some quick notes on two bugs or at least inconsistencies with my installation/update process in the readme ...

3. Load the FlashScan Firmware File:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\FSProg_V2_4_68.ffw

The file is most likely located in the V7 directory ...

3. Click the [Format] button to format the Config File system in FlashScan's flash memory

Got a "please select connected device" error popup on this, selected "Flashscan V2" again, got an error message with $(somenumber), selected Flashscan again, then it would format the flash ... After this, I was not able to get the previous behavior ...

Apart from that, everything worked as described ... just ain't got the car available to actually test anything further ;) :(

SV8346
November 23rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
all updated very nicely.

now i have 1 problem though, with sd card out and connected to vehicle if i go to vehicle select then i can select LS1 99+ manual then tell it to start recording it locks the whole unit up after 5 seconds of recording.

If i put the sd card in and format the sd card it will format ok from the unit but EFI LIVE Explorer wont format it and it comes up with errors. When i try to select vehicle while the unit is in the car and sd card is in it tells me no vehicles uploaded.

Lennart
November 23rd, 2007, 11:15 PM
Just completed the upgrade! Everything went smooth, except I had some trouble acessing the c: drive in the EFILive Explorer as there is no window I can type "c:" in.
Our Admin turned the display of c: off for some reason.
I installed the MS TweakUI http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c...wertoySetup.exe (http://www.msfn.org/board/ipb_seo.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.co m%2Fdownload%2Ff%2Fc%2Fa%2Ffca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679%2FTweakUiPowertoySetup.exe)

to fix my problem.

One other thing to note is that the spash screen update only works without the SD card inserted. It will then display the new splash screen for a split second when powering up. As soon as the SD card is inserted the default spash screen appears.
When trying to update the splash screen with the card installed I get the 0185 error.
Will test in vehicle now....but it was freezing over night :D

Lennart
November 23rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
Update on the splash screen:
When hooking up the V2 to the car with SD card installed the modified spash screen appears.

Lennart
November 23rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
I tried to follow the readme instructions as close as possible but the following happens:
The F1 Select Vehicle will only work with the card removed.
I am not able to select any PIDs, when selecting F1 Record Data it will start logging right away. No data is displayed on the screen with the ign. on.

When trying to remove DTC's it will only remove the ones from the ECM. When trying to delete ones from the BCM and others I get error 0315 (not in the list).

What do I need to do to have the vehicle list available in SD card mode and is it possible to use a PID list from the PC?

On edit: Not sure if it matters, I am using a MMC mobile dual voltage card.....

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Looks like there is a conflict between the internal Config filesystem and the external SD card Data filesystem. I will investigate tomorrow and will most likely change the way the SD card is detected/activated.

Instead of having FlashScan try to automatically use/not use the SD card, I will make it a user selectable option. That way you will have full control over whether data is stored/retrieved to/from internal or external memory.

Regards
Paul
P.S. Thanks for all the feedback so far.:cheers:

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Got a "please select connected device" error popup on this, selected "Flashscan V2" again, got an error message with $(somenumber), selected Flashscan again, then it would format the flash ... After this, I was not able to get the previous behavior ...

Turn on tracing in EFILive_Hapi, then make it happen again (if you can) and save the trace. To turn on tracing right click on the EFILive_Hapi icon in the system tray and select Show. Then select the Trace->Settings window and check the Enable diagnostic tracing option and increase the Size option to, say 1000 lines. To save the trace, select the Trace window and click onthe [Save] button.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Here's some splash screen bitmaps to play with...
Paul

Lennart
November 24th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Here's some splash screen bitmaps to play with...
Paul

Are you aware that these are all 24BPP bitmaps ?!

02Z06
November 24th, 2007, 12:45 AM
How do we togle between Imperial and Metric in the PID Config.? Do not see how to play pack recorded data? Can the saved log file be played back on the PC? In the CAN Pids I see no PID for Knock Retard with the E38?

TAQuickness
November 24th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Paul & Ross - Great work again! I really appreciate the sacrifices yall have made to bring this to us.

For some early feed back:

After following the scan and tune upgrade process, when launching either the scan or tune tool, I get a "publisher could not be verified" warning from windoze. Must uncheck the reminder box to resume normal behaivor

Sent you a PM about the firmware tutorial.

I cannot open the splash screen zip file in post 12. Can you post the file on the website for downloading?

As Garry pointed out, Firmware 68 is in the V7 directory

In the readme file, yes I was wondering - thanks for the clarification.

Otherwise, everything went smooth and checks out great. I will give BBL a thourough thrashing mid-next week!

TAQuickness
November 24th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I was installing a new splashscreen (very cool btw...) and managed to shut down V2

From the hapi:
Select image
click install image
mouse cursor changes to an hour glass

While the cursor is still an hour glass, from V2, press F4

I've been able to duplicate this twice.

When copying files in EFILive Explorer, a "yes" and "no" "to all" feature would be nice. While jacking with the splash screens, I managed to loose about 15% of the data in the config files. For now, I can format/initialize and copy all.

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Are you aware that these are all 24BPP bitmaps ?!

Yes :oops: - EFILive_Explorer automatically converts them to a bitdepth of 1.
Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 02:46 AM
How do we togle between Imperial and Metric in the PID Config.? Do not see how to play pack recorded data? Can the saved log file be played back on the PC? In the CAN Pids I see no PID for Knock Retard with the E38?

There is no option to toggle - but when it is added (very soon) it will allow you to toggle between "metric" (the default) and "custom" (which most people will have setup as Imperial) as specified in the Options.ini file.

There is no option to play back data yet, but it will be added.

The BB log files can be copied back to the PC and opened with the V7 software - they are just plain EFILive log files.

More PIDs will be added over the next few weeks. The ones that are there now are just the ones we were/are using to test with.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 02:50 AM
After following the scan and tune upgrade process, when launching either the scan or tune tool, I get a "publisher could not be verified" warning from windoze. Must uncheck the reminder box to resume normal behaivor

I get the same thing on my XP box - not sure why yet...

I cannot open the splash screen zip file in post 12. Can you post the file on the website for downloading?

Attached.

Otherwise, everything went smooth and checks out great. I will give BBL a thourough thrashing mid-next week!

There should be another update posted before then.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 02:54 AM
I was installing a new splashscreen (very cool btw...) and managed to shut down V2

From the hapi:
Select image
click install image
mouse cursor changes to an hour glass

While the cursor is still an hour glass, from V2, press F4

I've been able to duplicate this twice.
Using the keypad while file transfers are in progress has not been extensively tested. There are some issues that need to be looked at. The solution will most likely be the keypad will be disabled (and the screen will display "data transfer in progress") while files are being copied.

When copying files in EFILive Explorer, a "yes" and "no" "to all" feature would be nice. While jacking with the splash screens, I managed to loose about 15% of the data in the config files. For now, I can format/initialize and copy all.
I will add a "yes to all" and "no to all" option. It bugs me too.

Paul

TAQuickness
November 24th, 2007, 03:06 AM
The Calvin looks like it was photochopped :D

One more:

Disconnect V2
Open EE
Connect V2
Click config tab
Select new splash screen
Click install
Anticipated error "Please select connected device"
Click flashscan V2
- Error 1: $0024 - click ok
- Error 2: images for V2 and Autocal "x"

Must remember to select device prior to executing functions against it.

Edit: was able to duplicate by leaving my V2 connected, close EE, then re-open EE and not specifying the device that is hooked up. Perhaps EE could do a "scan" when it is launched to autodetect any V2 or Autocal's that might be hooked up.

Cougar281
November 24th, 2007, 04:17 AM
It appears that with an SD card in, it "forgets" the vehicle selection list. After initial setup, I inserted and formatted an SD card, and when I try to select vehicle, I get none loaded. If I remove the SD card, I get the selection list.

Also, should there be AL5-A.pmm & AL6-A.pmm files?

Ira
November 24th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Well, sadly I seem to be having the most problems. Got the boot block installed OK and can flash the firmware OK but much of the time the V2 locks up and pulling power to reset it puts it back in dead poll mode. Sometimes I can format the Config section and copy the files over but formating the data section puts it back in dead poll mode.

What Have I done?

Ira

02Z06
November 24th, 2007, 06:56 AM
There is no option to toggle - but when it is added (very soon) it will allow you to toggle between "metric" (the default) and "custom" (which most people will have setup as Imperial) as specified in the Options.ini file.

There is no option to play back data yet, but it will be added.

The BB log files can be copied back to the PC and opened with the V7 software - they are just plain EFILive log files.

More PIDs will be added over the next few weeks. The ones that are there now are just the ones we were/are using to test with.

Regards
Paul Tried to copy the EFI Log files from Explorer and get pop-up- "not implemented yet" , what am I doing wrong?

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 09:49 AM
It appears that with an SD card in, it "forgets" the vehicle selection list. After initial setup, I inserted and formatted an SD card, and when I try to select vehicle, I get none loaded. If I remove the SD card, I get the selection list.

Working on a fix for that.

Also, should there be AL5-A.pmm & AL6-A.pmm files?

Yes, just didn't get time to add them in before the Nov 23 "deadline". I will add them asap.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Well, sadly I seem to be having the most problems. Got the boot block installed OK and can flash the firmware OK but much of the time the V2 locks up and pulling power to reset it puts it back in dead poll mode. Sometimes I can format the Config section and copy the files over but formating the data section puts it back in dead poll mode.

What Have I done?

Ira

Possibly a faulty/intermittent flash chip in FlashScan. Do you have another/spare FlashScan unit you can test?

Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Tried to copy the EFI Log files from Explorer and get pop-up- "not implemented yet" , what am I doing wrong?

The EFILive_Explorer program does not have Copy/Paste implemented yet. You must drag and drop the files.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 09:58 AM
The Calvin looks like it was photochopped :D

One more:

Disconnect V2
Open EE
Connect V2
Click config tab
Select new splash screen
Click install
Anticipated error "Please select connected device"
Click flashscan V2
- Error 1: $0024 - click ok
- Error 2: images for V2 and Autocal "x"

Must remember to select device prior to executing functions against it.

Edit: was able to duplicate by leaving my V2 connected, close EE, then re-open EE and not specifying the device that is hooked up. Perhaps EE could do a "scan" when it is launched to autodetect any V2 or Autocal's that might be hooked up.
I don't see that functionality here. No matter what functionality/order I try, I cannot reproduce what you describe. Are you using the latest signed FlashScan USB drivers? Available with the latest V7.5 release here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6646

EFILive_Explorer does not scan for devices, EFILive_Hapi does. Try showing the EFILive_Hapi window and turning on diagnostic tracing (including heartbeat which will show you all the "are you still there" type messages) and see exactly what it "thinks" it is doing.

Edit: I just managed to reproduce what you describe - interesting... Looks like EFIlive_Hapi is not starting up in that situation.

Regards
Paul

dc_justin
November 24th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I was able to get the new bootblock in without any problems, but cannot upgrade to the latest firmware. Every attempt to connect with EFILive_Explorer results in an "Error: $0024" and I'm perpetually in deadpoll mode.

Edit: EFILive_Hapi loads for about a half second then shuts down. Can see the icon appear and then disappear from the system tray.

Cougar281
November 24th, 2007, 10:20 AM
When I tried to clear codes in my ECM (LLY) I get a $0311. I also got it on the bench when trying to clear DTCs on a 0411 LS1 PCM.

Also, should the LLY Manual and Auto be using the LLY-M.pmm and LLY-A.pmm files instead of the LB7-M.pmm and LB7-A.pmm?

dc_justin
November 24th, 2007, 10:36 AM
If I have EFILive_Explorer loaded and then double click on EFILive_Hapi and immediately click on the Flashscan V2 button, I can connect to the cable, but that connection will only last as long as HAPI stays running.

BTW, I'm running Vista.

jay p
November 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I have a small problem..... Parameters show multiple times in the tuning tool. See pics

mrrattle
November 24th, 2007, 11:05 AM
same parameter duplications here, count the number of lines in the table then count the number of duplications, they match. I also can no longer read LB7 and LLY pcms.

Ira
November 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Possibly a faulty/intermittent flash chip in FlashScan. Do you have another/spare FlashScan unit you can test?

Paul

Well, your assumption was correct, another spare unit upgraded no problem.

Ira

mr.prick
November 24th, 2007, 01:24 PM
good luck guinea pigs. :wave:

Biggsy
November 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
good luck guinea pigs. :wave:
:exactly:

Good Luck to you all!

Goldfinger911
November 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Update done. Seemed to go okay. However, in addition to the SD card problems that other have had, whenever I try and copy any .pmm files or the .ini file like the instructions in the readme_first.rtf read, the copy completed then I get an "Invalid Image Size" error.

Also, when I hook my V2 up to my 2002 FBody, select 99+ LS1 Manual, it creates a log file, starts the scanner, and the timer starts counting like I assume it should. It gets to 00:00:05 and freezes. At that point no buttons work and I can only pull the OBD2 plug and plug it back in to reset the V2.

===UPDATE===

Looks like I get the Invalid Image error when I click the refresh button on the Config Files tab in EE also. I enabled tracing and these are the two error lines at the bottom on the log/trace capture. The first line below was colored red, then the last liine states "error";

---cut---
25.972 E|FS 01,52,00,FF,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00 0C,85,85,01 F7,3E,19
25.972 M|Error: 389, Error: $0185
---cut---

Goldfinger911
November 24th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Same problem here. Multiple Parameters show up under all notes, in the Engine Calibration section on my 2002 LS1 ECU.

I have a small problem..... Parameters show multiple times in the tuning tool. See pics

dc_justin
November 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Same problem here. Multiple Parameters show up under all notes, in the Engine Calibration section on my 2002 LS1 ECU.

I've got that one too.

Beer99C5
November 24th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I would guinea pig myself, however I am in Singapore for a month, looking forward to catch the second or third beta and helping out.

:cheers: to the testers.

Jim

JezzaB
November 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Got the same thing mate. Its like the Matrix, after a while you dont see the code; you see B1213, B2412, etc.....

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 09:07 PM
When I tried to clear codes in my ECM (LLY) I get a $0311. I also got it on the bench when trying to clear DTCs on a 0411 LS1 PCM.

Hmmm $0311, its not in the EFILiveV8_Errors.txt file. I'll post an updated error description file in a new thread.

Also, should the LLY Manual and Auto be using the LLY-M.pmm and LLY-A.pmm files instead of the LB7-M.pmm and LB7-A.pmm?

Yes, thanks for picking that up.

Regards
Paul

02Z06
November 24th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Same problem here. Multiple Parameters show up under all notes, in the Engine Calibration section on my 2002 LS1 ECU.I have the same problem with Multiple Parameters showing in the Engine Calibration section. 2008 Z06-E38 ECM.

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 09:13 PM
If I have EFILive_Explorer loaded and then double click on EFILive_Hapi and immediately click on the Flashscan V2 button, I can connect to the cable, but that connection will only last as long as HAPI stays running.

BTW, I'm running Vista.

The only reason EFIlive_Hapi would stop running is if it did not detect EFILive_Explorer also running. Basically Hapi checks multiple times per second whether any other applicaiton is running that requires Hapi to be running. If no other application can be found, then it terminates automatically.

Try creating a shortcut to EFILive_Hapi.exe and in that shortcut add the parameter 1 (i.e. the digit 1) to the end of the command. Running that shortcut will force EFILive_Hapi to stay active - even when no other application requires it. That also means you have to shut it down manually once EFILive_Explorer is finished.

Note: The parameter 1, tells EFIlive_Hap that 1 other application is using it and therefor to not shut down.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Update done. Seemed to go okay. However, in addition to the SD card problems that other have had, whenever I try and copy any .pmm files or the .ini file like the instructions in the readme_first.rtf read, the copy completed then I get an "Invalid Image Size" error.

That message has been reported by 2 beta testers now. It seems to happen on some Windows configurations. I still can't determine the exact configuration that causes the message. We're working on it. If you could tell me what version of windows you are running (98, XP, 2K, Vista etc) that will help narrow it down.

Also, when I hook my V2 up to my 2002 FBody, select 99+ LS1 Manual, it creates a log file, starts the scanner, and the timer starts counting like I assume it should. It gets to 00:00:05 and freezes. At that point no buttons work and I can only pull the OBD2 plug and plug it back in to reset the V2.

I'l try it out on a 99 here.
Hint: Pressing Ctrl+Cancel should reboot FlashScan without having to unplug/replug it. (Unless the entire unit *really* hung up).

===UPDATE===

Looks like I get the Invalid Image error when I click the refresh button on the Config Files tab in EE also. I enabled tracing and these are the two error lines at the bottom on the log/trace capture. The first line below was colored red, then the last liine states "error";

---cut---
25.972 E|FS 01,52,00,FF,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00 0C,85,85,01 F7,3E,19
25.972 M|Error: 389, Error: $0185
---cut---

Error $0185 is "file not found". That usually happens in one of these circumstances:
1. You have formatted the SD card on a PC or are using a pre-formatted SD card and did not create the following two folders on the SD Card:
\EFILive\V7\Scan
and
\EFILive\V7\Tune

2. You copied the config files to the Scan tab page or to the Tune tab page instead of the Config tab page. (I fell for this a few times).

Regards
Paul

Hyper99
November 24th, 2007, 09:40 PM

Same here. The 99+ LS1 Auto does the same. Locks up, have to pull the plug and start over - no log file created on the SD card.

SD card and Internal memory confict others are having.

TAQuickness
November 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM

I'm getting the same thing. Tried to send an email yesterday with screen shots, but it didn't go thru for some reason.

MICK
November 25th, 2007, 01:22 AM
I find that when the SD card is fitted into V2 it overrides the internal flash memory.

I had to load the config files to the SD card as well.

With EE it drags log files into both internal and SD OK but the tune.cals have a little drama. It hangs on most data file transferrers with error $0194 with files smaller than 512 KB and errors with $0185 on files bigger than 512kb. it seams to push around smaller files OK.

For some strange reason I was able to drag a couple .bin files into both flash memories but as soon as it would hang on one data transfer it would store a empty .tune cal in memory and would continue to hang on additional attempts.

File name is shortened so if you con-cure your log file names blabla 1,blabla2,blabla3 ect it will ask to over-wright file name, could extend that a little maybe.

Switch to select between internal and external flash memory before refresh would be cool? Bit like a roadrunner...:)

Thanks for the fun Paul.

Cheers

Mick

Goldfinger911
November 25th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Sure. No prob.

-I am using an IBM T30, 1GB of RAM, P4M@ 1.6ghz, running Windows XP SP2.

-I have never formatted my SD card in a PC. Only ever with the V2 through the menu on the device itself. I looked and I do have the directories you mention on the SD card, but nothing in them.

===UPDATE===

I installed the 7.51RC1 and the BB Logging V7 and V8 update files on an IBM T60 laptop running Windows Vista. Then I opened up EE and looked at the files I have on the Config tab, hit Refresh and I received NO "Invalid Image" error. I reformatted the config space, copied the files again and still no error. So, it is something with the WindowsXP SP2 machine or OS?

I then took my V2 to my car and plugged it on. I turned on the car and started the Data Logging. The V2 got to 00:00:05 and froze again. The control+cancel reboot keys did not work. It was 100% froze up.

That message has been reported by 2 beta testers now. It seems to happen on some Windows configurations. I still can't determine the exact configuration that causes the message. We're working on it. If you could tell me what version of windows you are running (98, XP, 2K, Vista etc) that will help narrow it down.

I'l try it out on a 99 here.
Hint: Pressing Ctrl+Cancel should reboot FlashScan without having to unplug/replug it. (Unless the entire unit *really* hung up).

Error $0185 is "file not found". That usually happens in one of these circumstances:
1. You have formatted the SD card on a PC or are using a pre-formatted SD card and did not create the following two folders on the SD Card:
\EFILive\V7\Scan
and
\EFILive\V7\Tune

2. You copied the config files to the Scan tab page or to the Tune tab page instead of the Config tab page. (I fell for this a few times).

Regards
Paul

dc_justin
November 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
The only reason EFIlive_Hapi would stop running is if it did not detect EFILive_Explorer also running. Basically Hapi checks multiple times per second whether any other applicaiton is running that requires Hapi to be running. If no other application can be found, then it terminates automatically.

Try creating a shortcut to EFILive_Hapi.exe and in that shortcut add the parameter 1 (i.e. the digit 1) to the end of the command. Running that shortcut will force EFILive_Hapi to stay active - even when no other application requires it. That also means you have to shut it down manually once EFILive_Explorer is finished.

Note: The parameter 1, tells EFIlive_Hap that 1 other application is using it and therefor to not shut down.

Regards
Paul

Okay, I've been able to force hapi to run and was able to upgrade the firmware. What would cause hapi to not recognize that efilive_explorer was running?

Blacky
November 25th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I'm still looking into why the "invalid image" error is happening. I think it is something different on some Windows machines that is not being handled correctly in the EFILive software.

When you start logging and it freezes, is that both with and without the SD card plugged in?

Regards
Paul

Sure. No prob.

-I am using an IBM T30, 1GB of RAM, P4M@ 1.6ghz, running Windows XP SP2.

-I have never formatted my SD card in a PC. Only ever with the V2 through the menu on the device itself. I looked and I do have the directories you mention on the SD card, but nothing in them.

===UPDATE===

I installed the 7.51RC1 and the BB Logging V7 and V8 update files on an IBM T60 laptop running Windows Vista. Then I opened up EE and looked at the files I have on the Config tab, hit Refresh and I received NO "Invalid Image" error. I reformatted the config space, copied the files again and still no error. So, it is something with the WindowsXP SP2 machine or OS?

I then took my V2 to my car and plugged it on. I turned on the car and started the Data Logging. The V2 got to 00:00:05 and froze again. The control+cancel reboot keys did not work. It was 100% froze up.

Blacky
November 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Okay, I've been able to force hapi to run and was able to upgrade the firmware. What would cause hapi to not recognize that efilive_explorer was running?

I don't know - the only thing that I could think of is a permissions problem. That for some reason EFIlive_Hapi cannot "contact" or "see" that EFILive_Explorer is running.

Vista has been giving some weird permissions problems in the last few weeks. I have a number of programs that ran just fine in Vista until a recent auto update from Microsoft. Now they say they do not have permission to run. :(

Regards
Paul

Chalky
November 25th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Is BBL working for anyone yet? I downloaded it last night, just haven't installed it yet.

Ira
November 25th, 2007, 04:28 PM

If you create a shortcut and don't have it start in the proper folder than it can't find Hapi.

Ira

Goldfinger911
November 25th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Nope.

Blacky - What configuration did you guys test with? Meaning car model, ECU and OS version etc?

Is BBL working for anyone yet? I downloaded it last night, just haven't installed it yet.

dc_justin
November 25th, 2007, 04:51 PM
If you create a shortcut and don't have it start in the proper folder than it can't find Hapi.

Ira
And that'll do it. Thanks Ira. I inadvertently had not created the EFILive_Hapi subfolder.

Hyper99
November 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Paul

When you start logging and it freezes, is that both with and without the SD card plugged in?

Niether way works ......Any ideas what the problem may be?

Goldfinger911
November 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Actuallly I can only make an attempt to log data with the SD card removed. When the SD card is in, I cannot select any vehicles. It says "none loaded". So logging can never begin.

I have tried every config to log data. Everytime it freezes at 5 seconds.
What I noticed today was, during the 5 seconds, I can see data being monitored or logged. Then bam. Frozen at 00:00:05.

Every step of my upgrade (boot block and firmware) were successful too. Hmmm...

I'm still looking into why the "invalid image" error is happening. I think it is something different on some Windows machines that is not being handled correctly in the EFILive software.

Regards
Paul

02Z06
November 25th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Is BBL working for anyone yet? I downloaded it last night, just haven't installed it yet. I think I have BB logging working the way is is set up at present. This is with E38-08Z06. I am not using a SD card at present and as long as the config files are loaded in explorer it seems to be OK. Not all of the PID's I need are there now. I am using Windows XP-SP1. In V7 I am getting the duplicate parameters in the Tuning tool like everyone else. I have not tried to re-read or flash any vehicles yet so I don't know if this is a problem. With V2 I did a 20 Minute log and received 2KB of data but this was because I disconnected the cable before hitting OK on V2.

Hyper99
November 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Actuallly I can only make an attempt to log data with the SD card removed. When the SD card is in, I cannot select any vehicles. It says "none loaded". So logging can never begin.

Yes, I do have the same problem as Goldfinger911. I forgot I had to pop out the SD card to select the vehicle, but I get zero active data showing up on the Flashscan screen even for the 5 seconds before it freezes.

NERDPWR
November 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Yes, I do have the same problem as Goldfinger911. I forgot I had to pop out the SD card to select the vehicle, but I get zero active data showing up on the Flashscan screen even for the 5 seconds before it freezes.

All upgrades succeeded with out issue.. I am however experiencing the same logging issues as the other lads... 5 seconds and she is frozen..

TAQuickness
November 26th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Welcome to the forum NERDPWR

lakingslayer
November 26th, 2007, 04:26 AM
I played with it a bit yesterday for the LLY auto with the internal memory. All I got on the screen was the timer at the top. All other parameters were just ":" the whole time. Haven't tried to pull anything from the V2 to see if there is actually any data there yet. Also I noticed there was no LED activity below the screen. They all were off.

Cougar281
November 26th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I played with it a bit yesterday for the LLY auto with the internal memory. All I got on the screen was the timer at the top. All other parameters were just ":" the whole time. Haven't tried to pull anything from the V2 to see if there is actually any data there yet. Also I noticed there was no LED activity below the screen. They all were off.

That's the same I get. Did you fix the LLY lines in the options.ini? They had the LB7 pmm files listed, but should look like:

LLY, Manual, LLY-M.pmm, PSL_LB7, PCU
LLY, Auto, LLY-A.pmm&AL5-A.pmm, PSL_LB7, PCU

Didn't change anything for me though. Also, I opened one of the log files and it doesn't appear to have any frames.

Wasted Income
November 26th, 2007, 04:49 AM

EXACTLY the same as what happens with my LLY. Haven't tried yet on my 5.3L.

Hyper99
November 26th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Seems like the only one that it is working for is 02ZO6.:)

I think I have BB logging working the way is is set up at present. This is with E38-08Z06.

The rest of us seem to have the same issues.:bash:

lakingslayer
November 26th, 2007, 06:13 AM
That's the same I get. Did you fix the LLY lines in the options.ini? They had the LB7 pmm files listed, but should look like:

Didn't change anything for me though. Also, I opened one of the log files and it doesn't appear to have any frames.

EXACTLY the same as what happens with my LLY. Haven't tried yet on my 5.3L.

I'm glad it wasn't one of my bonehead moves.:bash: :cheers:

Cougar281
November 26th, 2007, 07:05 AM

Wait.. I just noticed I didn't fix it right. Should be:

LLY, Manual, LLY-M.pmm, PSL_LLY, PCU
LLY, Auto, LLY-A.pmm&AL5-A.pmm, PSL_LLY, PCU

I'll upload the ini again and try in a little bit.

Ninety8C5
November 26th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I don't know how everything works together, but I just looked at the Options.ini file and it calls for files like LMM-A.pmm. LBZ-A.pmm, AL-5-A.pmm and AL-6-A.pmm. These files do not exist under the EFILive Hapi folder like the other xxx.pmm files that are in the Options.ini file.

That may have someting to do why it works for 02Z06 and not the above mentioned.

I guess you need some input from Paul or Ross as to whether the files are really needed or not.

Just trying to help. :Eyecrazy:

Cougar281
November 26th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Well, they are needed to work. I believe they tell the V2 where to 'poke' the module to get the PID data. One of the things I noticed was that the LLY was using the LB7 pmm files.

I don't know how everything works together, but I just looked at the Options.ini file and it calls for files like LMM-A.pmm. LBZ-A.pmm, AL-5-A.pmm and AL-6-A.pmm. These files do not exist under the EFILive Hapi folder like the other xxx.pmm files that are in the Options.ini file.

That may have someting to do why it works for 02Z06 and not the above mentioned.

I guess you need some input from Paul or Ross as to whether the files are really needed or not.

Just trying to help. :Eyecrazy:

Ninety8C5
November 26th, 2007, 07:59 AM
If my theory is correct :Eyecrazy: the LLY manual trans. should work but the LLY automatic won't find the required .pmm files.

The same should hold true for the LLM & LBZ manual trans. :nixweiss:

You might be able to copy the L**-M.pmm file and name it L**-A.pmm and see if that helps.

Cougar281
November 26th, 2007, 10:40 AM
If my theory is correct :Eyecrazy: the LLY manual trans. should work but the LLY automatic won't find the required .pmm files.

The same should hold true for the LLM & LBZ manual trans. :nixweiss:

You might be able to copy the L**-M.pmm file and name it L**-A.pmm and see if that helps.

Good thought, but it didn't work for me...

Also I was wrong about the LB7_PSL and LLY_PSL... there is no LLY_PSL further down the options.ini.

Blacky
November 26th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Nope.

Blacky - What configuration did you guys test with? Meaning car model, ECU and OS version etc?
We've successfully tested the following controllers with BB logging.
LS1 98
LS1 99+
LS2 E40 + T42
LS2 E38 + T43
LB7
LBZ
(have not tested Allison yet).

I think that something was changed at the last minute since the tests were done that is causing the failure. I'll get to it probably later today.

I'm still working on the SD Card v's Internal memory problem. It turned out to be a more complicated fix than I originally estimated. The fix involves allowing the user to select the SD Card or Internal Flash memory as the default data file system. It no longer tries to select the data file system automatically - there were too many problems/variables doing it that way.

I've also added the configuration/setup code to FlashScan so you can change your config settings without requiring a PC.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Paul, may have another bug (or it could have been a fluke). I had my V2 plugged into the truck all day (like I usually do) and was logging with the tablet. After it sat connected to the truck (truck off) for about two hours this afternoon, when I came back and tried to start logging, it would connect, but I couldn't get any data or the yellow "start monitoring" button. Reset the V2 and it started working properly.

SV8346
November 26th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah i have found the same. If i do a log on the laptop then stop and save it there is no problems but as soon i try to reconnect it wont, i have to unplug V2 then plug in and reconnect.

Blacky
November 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Paul, may have another bug (or it could have been a fluke). I had my V2 plugged into the truck all day (like I usually do) and was logging with the tablet. After it sat connected to the truck (truck off) for about two hours this afternoon, when I came back and tried to start logging, it would connect, but I couldn't get any data or the yellow "start monitoring" button. Reset the V2 and it started working properly.

It is possible that the "low power mode" is kicking in. Does the screen backlight go off? I think it defaults to low power mode after 1 minute of inactivity. It *should* come out of low power mode on and USB comms with the PC or any keypress. I will check it out in case it is not working as designed.

P.S. In the next update all the settings (including low power mode) are configurable. Low power can be set from 0 (disabled) to 65,535 minutes.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 26th, 2007, 02:29 PM
It is possible that the "low power mode" is kicking in. Does the screen backlight go off? I think it defaults to low power mode after 1 minute of inactivity. It *should* come out of low power mode on and USB comms with the PC or any keypress. I will check it out in case it is not working as designed.

P.S. In the next update all the settings (including low power mode) are configurable. Low power can be set from 0 (disabled) to 65,535 minutes.

Regards
Paul

No, the backlight hasn't shut off. Maybe it's related and the low power mode isn't working as intended?

Blacky
November 27th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Most serious problems have been identified and resolved. I should be able to post software and firmware updates tomorrow (about 20 hours from now).

There was a change made just prior to the initial beta release that broke compatibility with the V7 Scan and Tune software. That was the cause of the problems with passthrough logging and reading/flashing controllers.

I have also fixed most of the problems with the standalone features in FlashScan's firmware.

The next round of testing should be a lot more stable and functional.

Regards
Paul

Garry
November 27th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah, them last minute changes are a bitch ... going to work on two cars on the 8th, luckily one will only be scanning (though possibly some tuning if it turns out it's messed up, would need passthrough for that), the other is a 98, so I can do that one with the V1 ...

eboggs_jkvl
November 27th, 2007, 06:23 AM
As bad as I am doing regular updates you just gotta believe me, I would be so screwed right now if I updated! :D I'll slog on until you brains get the wrinkles ironed out and then it'll be safe for the clutzes like me to upgrade.

Elmer

ScarabEpic22
November 27th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Id update my V2 and try to connect/tune my LL8 P10, but since its 300+mi from me now until the 2nd week of Dec, not going to happen. :(

Cant wait to see these problems worked out, looks like most are getting fixed now.

XLR8NSS
November 27th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Most serious problems have been identified and resolved. I should be able to post software and firmware updates tomorrow (about 20 hours from now).

There was a change made just prior to the initial beta release that broke compatibility with the V7 Scan and Tune software. That was the cause of the problems with passthrough logging and reading/flashing controllers.

I have also fixed most of the problems with the standalone features in FlashScan's firmware.

The next round of testing should be a lot more stable and functional.

Regards
Paul

~ 6 hours and counting. ;) I will get up early to check for an update so I can possibly log some data from my truck tomorrow morning on the way to work. :D

Hyper99
November 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Also waiting patiently;)

Put four hours of seat time in today - would really like to make better use of that time soon.:D

Blacky
November 27th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Update
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6752

SV8346
November 27th, 2007, 09:52 PM
i cant get it to go into deadpoll mode, when i hold down the control button and plug it in i get the 2 amber flashing lights back and forward but when i go to check status in the firmware upgrade it says its not in deadpoll mode????

NERDPWR
November 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I think you might find you will need to go straight into EFILive Explorer and update the firmware straight to 2.5.09 using the firmware tab if you have already been through the previous beta firmware upgrade.... Works like a charm..

SV8346
November 27th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I think you might find you will need to go straight into EFILive Explorer and update the firmware straight to 2.5.09 using the firmware tab if you have already been through the previous beta firmware upgrade.... Works like a charm..

:cheers: :master:

your a legend, thanks heaps for that, worked perfect.

NERDPWR
November 27th, 2007, 10:54 PM
No probs happy to help... ;) It got me at first to...

02Z06
November 27th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Got everything loaded OK but when I went to Config. Flashscan V2 all of the .pmm files copied OK but the Options file would not copy. I received a popup that says windows cannot find the file. It is in hapi (6.48KB) It did not have a file ext. .ini as the previous Options file and I tried it with a .ini ext but no go. I think I have everything installed OK except this one file. Did any one else have this problem when you went to config. after installing the new firmware. I assume bootblock 2.5.04 is still correct.

SV8346
November 27th, 2007, 11:45 PM
bootblock should be v2.5.04
Firmware should be v2.5.09

JezzaB
November 28th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Got everything loaded OK but when I went to Config. Flashscan V2 all of the .pmm files copied OK but the Options file would not copy. I received a popup that says windows cannot find the file. It is in hapi (6.48KB) It did not have a file ext. .ini as the previous Options file and I tried it with a .ini ext but no go. I think I have everything installed OK except this one file. Did any one else have this problem when you went to config. after installing the new firmware. I assume bootblock 2.5.04 is still correct.

I also had the same problem and I even tried moving the file to another location

02Z06
November 28th, 2007, 01:05 AM
I also had the same problem and I even tried moving the file to another locationWell at least I don't feel alone. I can't figure it out because it is in the right directory and according to the popup it is in the right location. I am sure if Paul takes a look at it he can figure it out. I would think all the guys would be having this problem.

carcrafter22
November 28th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I dont have the options.ini file to put into the config files. there is a options file but it wont allow me to drag it into the config file tab.

LBZ_GMC
November 28th, 2007, 07:49 AM
X5. I cant drag the options.ini file in either.

Under F1 select vehicle........ok....."none loaded" message

I also get a “Error, Connection to ECM has been lost .Please check all cables, plugs and connections, make sure the ignition is switched on, then try again.” when trying to flash. .....hmmmmmmm

Justin

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 08:38 AM
but the Options file would not copy. I received a popup that says windows cannot find the file. It is in hapi (6.48KB) It did not have a file ext. .ini as the previous Options file and I tried it with a .ini ext but no go.

Make sure your Windows Explorer is not hiding known file extensions.

Select menu Tools->Folder Options
Goto [View] tab page
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
Click [Ok]

Regards
Paul

XLR8NSS
November 28th, 2007, 08:49 AM
The Options file will not copy for me either. The .pmm files copied fine.

XLR8NSS
November 28th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Paul - That worked. Not sure why it was checked but, unchecking it allows the option file to be copied to the config tab. I did have to close EFILive Explorer and reopen it before it would allow the option file to be copied.

carcrafter22
November 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM
do you have to have all the .pmm files or can I just select the lbz file to log my lbz. if I select the lbz will it still log my lbz and allison?

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Paul - That worked. Not sure why it was checked but, unchecking it allows the option file to be copied to the config tab. I did have to close EFILive Explorer and reopen it before it would allow the option file to be copied.

It may be my problem. I may be using the "display" name of the file (i.e. without the extension) instead of the actual filename (with the extension) when trying to copy the file. I will fix it.

Paul

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 09:16 AM
do you have to have all the .pmm files or can I just select the lbz file to log my lbz. if I select the lbz will it still log my lbz and allison?
Whichever option you select in the "Select vehicle" menu is looked up in the Options.ini file. In that file you can see which *.pmm files are required for each selection. You only need the files of the selections you want to choose.

You can even delete or add entries in that first section to change the list of vehicles. If you only want diesels, say LB7, LLY, LBZ and LMM then comment out (i.e. put a ; in front of the ones you don't want) all the other ones, you can always add them back in later.

Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
November 28th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Just updated my firmware on my V2. Formatted by SD Card and logged some data. Everything seems to work great. No more image size errors on my WinXP machine either.

Thanks Paul!

LBZ_GMC
November 28th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Blacky, I made sure extentions were shown, I now have go tthe file options.ini and the .ppm files to format but, I seem to still have "none loaded" under F1 still. I still get a "ecm connection has been lost", when trying to flash. ??? any ideas. :help2:

Justin

carcrafter22
November 28th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Neat! when I go to log it shows no pid's selected for some reason. any ideas?

Thanks

02Z06
November 28th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Make sure your Windows Explorer is not hiding known file extensions.

Select menu Tools->Folder Options
Goto [View] tab page
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
Click [Ok]

Regards
Paul After following the above I was able to drag the option folder to the config. and then was able to finish the format in V2. Went to log and as soon as I hit record I get an ERROR 0205 in F2. Looking through the list of error codes I cannot find this error. I tried this with CAN and VPW. Any ideas? Jim

XLR8NSS
November 28th, 2007, 10:17 AM
After following the above I was able to drag the option folder to the config. and then was able to finish the format in V2. Went to log and as soon as I hit record I get an ERROR 0205 in F2. Looking through the list of error codes I cannot find this error. I tried this with CAN and VPW. Any ideas? Jim

Just posted about getting the same error in the error description thread.

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Blacky, I made sure extentions were shown, I now have go tthe file options.ini and the .ppm files to format but, I seem to still have "none loaded" under F1 still. I still get a "ecm connection has been lost", when trying to flash. ??? any ideas. :help2:

Justin
Make sure you're dragging the *.pmm and Options.ini file onto the [Config] tab page and not the [Scan] or [Tune] tab page.

I'm still looking at some Duramax issues for Scanning and tuning...

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Neat! when I go to log it shows no pid's selected for some reason. any ideas?

Thanks

Whatever selection you make using the "F1 Select Vehicle" option, look for that entry in the Options.ini file (use Notepad to view the Options.inin file on Windows).
To the right of the entry is the name(s) of the *.pmm file(s) that contain the PID information for the selection. The *.pmm file(s) MUST be present on the [Config] tab page, otherwise you will get the "No PIDs Selected" message.

Also the PSL column must specify a avalid *PSL_xxx section in the Options.ini file. The *PSL_xxx section lists the selected PIDs.

Please note: The configuration of the Vehicle and PID selection is a manual process during the beta test. It will eventually be a point and click, drag and drop windows based application. You will not have edit the Options.ini file or manually transfer the *.pmm files in the released product.
You only get to see the "behind the scenes" files because this is an early beta release.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
After following the above I was able to drag the option folder to the config. and then was able to finish the format in V2. Went to log and as soon as I hit record I get an ERROR 0205 in F2. Looking through the list of error codes I cannot find this error. I tried this with CAN and VPW. Any ideas? Jim

Error $205 is incorrect, it should be $185 "File not Found". I will fix it.

You will get that error if FlashScan can't find the \EFILive\V7\Scan folder.
That could happen if you formatted your SD Card using a PC and did not add in that folder.

Regards
Paul

XLR8NSS
November 28th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Well, I think my $0205 error came from the fact that I had SD card selected and didn't actually have a SD card in the V2. :oops:

I switched it over to internal memory and it worked great. I did have to select E38-manual though. I have an auto transmission but, E38-auto didn't work. Does manual/auto mean the type of transmission? :oops: once again. :D

02Z06
November 28th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Well, I think my $0205 error came from the fact that I had SD card selected and didn't actually have a SD card in the V2. :oops:

I switched it over to internal memory and it worked great. I did have to select E38-manual though. I have an auto transmission but, E38-auto didn't work. Does manual/auto mean the type of transmission? :oops: once again. :DXLR8NSS I had the same problem switched over to internal memory and CAN + VPW seem to work OK. As for PID's with the E38 do you show KR and 02 #'s? In the options.ini folder it shows those PID's but they do not show when logging.

markap81
November 28th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Why is there not an LBZ Auto .pmm file?

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I have an auto transmission but, E38-auto didn't work. Does manual/auto mean the type of transmission? :oops: once again. :D

The Auto v's Manual, just loads an extra *.pmm file and different PID selection.
Look in Options.ini and you'll see:

E38, Manual, E38-M.pmm, PSL_LS2-M, PCU
E38, Auto, E38-M.pmm&T43-A.pmm, PSL_LS2-A, PCU

That means E38 Manual requires only the E38-M.pmm file and will use the PID Selection List (PSL) PSL_LS2-M further down in the file.

And the E38 Auto requires BOTH the E38-M.pmm and T43-A.pmm files and will use the PID Selection List (PSL) PSL_LS2-A further down in the file.

If you have an Auto but only want to log the engine PIDs and no Trans PIDs you can select "E38 Manual". Same goes for all other auto v's manual selections.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Why is there not an LBZ Auto .pmm file?

I just haven't typed in the Allison PIDs yet - hope to get them done this weekend.

Regards
Paul

carcrafter22
November 28th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I am getting an error when trying to log in pass through mode. I dont see anything about the hapi program in the system tray. is this something i am doing wrong? also is there a way to add pids?

update the v2 now says passthru active but when i go to scan tool it generates an error report

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I am getting an error when trying to log in pass through mode. I dont see anything about the hapi program in the system tray. is this something i am doing wrong? also is there a way to add pids?

update the v2 now says passthru active but when i go to scan tool it generates an error report

EFILive_Hapi is only required when using the EFILive_Explorer applicaiton. Hapi is not required when using the V7 Scan and Tune Tool software.

In fact Hapi MUST NOT be running when using the V7 Scan and Tune Tool software because Hapi hold a connection open to FlashSCan which will prevent the Scan and Tune software from connecting to FlashScan.

As for adding PIDs, you can only add PIDs that we have defined so far, the PIDs defined so far are listed in the *.txt files in the Pid Descriptions folder. Read the Readme.txt file in that folder for more info.

The PIDs currently available are only about 20% of what is available in total. We will add in the rest once everything is working properly.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Can you save the error report and email it to me at paul@efilive.com
Thanks
Paul

carcrafter22
November 28th, 2007, 02:16 PM
sorry I wasnt being clear. I made sure that the happi program wasnt running and still couldnt get the scan tool to run in pass through mode. I will get a copyy of the error and send it to you paul.

LBZ_GMC
November 29th, 2007, 04:12 AM
......is anyone else here not able to flash the lbz controller?

Chevy366
November 29th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Just for the record , everyone else probably knows this already .
2 things to watch for with the SD cards :
1. Make sure to "format as FAT32" .
2. Make sure card is not "write protected" , small tab on side of SD card that moves up and down .
BBl works great so far . :-)

Blacky
November 29th, 2007, 10:30 AM
......is anyone else here not able to flash the lbz controller?

There have been a afew problems with CAN based controllers (LBZ included). Hopefully a new update will be availabel before Sat to fix them.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
November 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
will the next update have the firmware
for connecting to the LC-1 directly?

02Z06
November 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
There have been a afew problems with CAN based controllers (LBZ included). Hopefully a new update will be availabel before Sat to fix them.

Regards
Paul Because of the extra 0's on the license at status check my E38 will not start the Flash.

Blacky
November 29th, 2007, 03:19 PM
will the next update have the firmware
for connecting to the LC-1 directly?

No, not until the BBL beta is complete.
Then the LC1 and LM1 integrationwill be done.
Followed by standalone reading/flashing.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
November 29th, 2007, 04:07 PM

Regards
Paul
LC,M-1 , can't wait , serial to V2 .

badsi
November 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I also get an error 205 when I go into the record menu. For an LBZ Auto.

LBZ_GMC
November 30th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Blacky, where should I be looking over the next few days for that update?

mr.prick
November 30th, 2007, 01:11 PM

Regards
Paul
when will this happen, time frame wise?

Blacky
November 30th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Blacky, where should I be looking over the next few days for that update?

In the FlashScan BB logging forum. Its just a beta update at this stage. I am packaging it up now. Should be ready in an hour or two.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM
when will this happen, time frame wise?

I am aiming to have some sort of LC1/LM1 serial interface ready before Christmas. It may not happen but thats the plan.

Regards
Paul

neil
November 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Paul.
If this is at all possible, are you going to develop a serial interface for the PLX SM-AFR wideband?
The unit has a serial output but I'm not sure whether it conforms to the standard serial configuration.

Regards,

Neil.

Blacky
November 30th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Paul.
If this is at all possible, are you going to develop a serial interface for the PLX SM-AFR wideband?
The unit has a serial output but I'm not sure whether it conforms to the standard serial configuration.

Regards,

Neil.

If the serial protocol information is available from PLX and if it is possible, then yes we will.

Regards
Paul

SV8346
November 30th, 2007, 08:30 PM
gday paul, just wondering if it is possible to add GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA to the pid list for the BBL in the LS1BManual. Can this be added to the PID list and options.ini file or will it be available in the next update?

Garry
November 30th, 2007, 08:33 PM
DMA data is not yet supported by BBL on V2 IIRC ...

SV8346
November 30th, 2007, 08:39 PM
will it be available in the next update?

Garry
November 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
To quote:

Note: DMA PIDs are not supported in Black Box logging mode either. Support for DMA PIDs will be added in a future beta update.

Main focus of the current work is most likely to fix the problems of the features currently supported ...

Blacky
November 30th, 2007, 09:14 PM
To quote:

Main focus of the current work is most likely to fix the problems of the features currently supported ...

Correct, but DMA PIDs will be added in one of the next beta updates - just not the one I am uploading now...

Regards
Paul