PDA

View Full Version : TCM Torque Reduction Q

Cougar281
November 25th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I noticed after one of the more recent updates, that D5197 was added to the tables. Would setting that to "Torque Limit Disable" kill defuel? I've noticed that the TCM shifts pretty good without any comms from the engine considering it doesn't have the TAPS learned right.... Zero defuel on upshift, and no fuel on downshifts (I've noticed it fuels on downshift which causes the turbo vanes to open and dump boost built by my "turbobrake" settings).

Is there (or will there be) a table like this in the 01-05 TCMs? IIRC, it was stated that there is one like the 6-speeds D5196 in the 5 speed TCM.

Donovan
November 30th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I have turned it off only in the ECM tun (B1130) and that seems to do it. You will also need to modify some of the other tables. There is a good thread on the dieselplace efi forum on this if you haven't checked it out already.

Cougar281
November 30th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Remember, youre talking about a LBZ type LLY. I have an 04 LLY and disabling defuel is a bit harder to do. I think you have to do a lot of logging to find out where to set the defuel table so it doesn't actually defuel. I had an 06 TCM in my 04 of a very short time, and it shifted better than the 04 TCM, although the shifts where a bit harsh due to the TAPs not being learned, and due to the TCM being in 'default' mode because it couldn't communicate with the LLY ECM. The ECM had no clue when the TCM was going to shift so there was zero defuel and the shifts where crisp. Heck, the 3-4 was almost perfect (with the older TCM, I often get a JERK-JERK-JERK type shift). If that "Torque Limit Disable" setting would accomplish the same thing (not send defuel requests to the ECM), that would be the ticket if it exists in the older TCMs.

Donovan
November 30th, 2007, 07:02 AM
My bad. You are in the 06+ forum so I figured that is what you are running.....

I didn't realize you can run an 06 TCM with the older 5 speed trannies. Do you also need to switch the valve body to get 6 speeds?