PDA

View Full Version : Using 1/8" phono jack w/ WB for logging

Mr. P.
November 26th, 2007, 06:32 AM
OK I've finally got my PLX wideband kit installed in my 2003 Silverado SS, I only got the sensor (no guage) as I will be hooking it up directly to EFILive for logging/tuning. I placed the O2 sensor in the rear O2 bung on the driver's side exhaust (cats were gutted long ago, were cool :D) and the control unit is mounted inside the electrical center underhood - totally stealth! The trick part - I ran the two 5-volt analog wires through the firewall and soldered them to a 1/8" headphone jack and secured it to the plastic OBDC bracket, then I hooked-up a 1/8" headphone cable to the EFILive box so that when I want to log I just plug in to the "wideband jack" :notacrook: Well I thought it was a cool idea... total cost at Radio Shack = $6:

http://cedl.ustrc.com/Steve/WB02_Jack.jpg

So far works great, to test last night I just idled the motor to get a reading and noticed that the commanded AFR is 14.6 but the WB is reporting 15.1-15.2 AFR :Eyecrazy: I'm not sure if there is actually something wrong with the tune or if the wideband is not hot enough? But this was 5+ minutes of extended idling so I dunno, any insights you guys have I'm open to.

Time to start tuning!

Mr. P. :)

Doc
November 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Calibrate the V2's Analog input.

Mr. P.
November 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Calibrate the V2's Analog input.
Thanks for the reminder, forgot that step!

Mr. P. :)

dc_justin
November 26th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Steve,

You'll also likely find that there is a voltage offset with the PLX and the V2. My PLX reads .4 richer on the display than is reported to EFILive.

Justin

Dale
November 26th, 2007, 11:01 AM
No wideband here, but since I was creating a harness for my project, I just installed a cat5 wire for mine(along with an ALDL port) and have it laying under the seat. So now it plugs right into the v2 instead of needing the adaptor cable :)

mr.prick
November 26th, 2007, 01:39 PM
how does the stereo plug fit in the V2?

ScarabEpic22
November 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM
how does the stereo plug fit in the V2?
It doesnt, he put the other end of the plug (male end) into the orange connectors the V2 uses for inputs.

Great idea man, I think this is a really good way to make it quick and easy to disconnect, as long as the port doesnt distort the signal at all.