PDA

View Full Version : V2 Stuck in dead poll

minytrker
November 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
It was not like this last night after the update. Now today after the update for BBL my v2 box is flashing lights likes it is in dead poll mode but its not. I never plugged into a car yesterday just my laptop. No matter what I do the box stays flashing like in dead poll mode. If you try to acess it in dead poll mode it says hoold down control even though you are. It wont read a car or connect to my laptop. Just plugging it into a car it will flash the dead poll lights with the ignition still off.

I need help ASAP! I have a customers car here that I have to have done by tomorrow morning.

Blacky
November 26th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Hi Lorenz,

Dead-poll mode will be automatically entered if FlashScan detects
corrupt or damaged firmware. You should try, reprogramming the unit
again using the EFILive_Explorer program's firmware programming option.

With beta software there is always the possibility that it could fail.
That's the whole point of beta testing.

A new beta update will be released in the next day or two to address
many of the issues that have been raised by the beta testers so far.

I can't guarantee that the new update will fix your problem but right now
there is no other option but to wait for the update.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
November 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I can't reprogram it. It just flashes "like" its in dead poll. I tried to re-flash the firmware but tit will said Im not in dead poll mode. The box wasnt like this after the update. It did this the next day when I plugged back into it.

Blacky
November 27th, 2007, 09:09 AM
When you say "like deadpoll", is it flashing the two orange LEDs alternately or are the LEDs flashing in a different pattern?
The POST (Power On Self Test) routines display error messages by flashing the LEDs in certain patterns, the patterns are as per the image attached.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
November 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Can someone put the new Error code list and LED error codes in one place ?
Like pin to V2 section .

Blacky
November 27th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Can someone put the new Error code list and LED error codes in one place ?
Like pin to V2 section .

Done, they are in the V2 beta section for now.

The error numbers and POST LED patterns are only appropriate for the new V2.5 firmware. Not for the current V2.4 firmware.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
November 28th, 2007, 05:34 AM
The two orange LEDs are alternately flashing.

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 07:19 AM
If the new 2.5.x bootblock has been installed, you won't be able to use the "old" FlashSCan programming software. I.e. the one on the Windows Start menu.

You can only use EFILive_Explorer's Firmware programming option. When you try to reflash the firmware using EFIlive_Explorer, what error message do you get?

Regards
Paul

minytrker
November 28th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I can flash the firmware but the v2 will lock up if you push any buttons. If you unplug the v2 after flashing it will go back to dead poll mode.

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I can flash the firmware but the v2 will lock up if you push any buttons. If you unplug the v2 after flashing it will go back to dead poll mode.

Send me your V2 serial number and your shipping address and phone (to paul@efilive.com) I'll send a replacement unit to try.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
November 28th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Email sent. Thanks again for all the help. EFI's customer service can't be beat, thats forsure!!!