PDA

View Full Version : LS9 is coming! Engine Pictures!

Redline Motorsports
November 27th, 2007, 10:48 AM
We'll as if the E38 hasn't been fun enough....................GM's new bad boy LS9 is getting close to being a reality!

Anyone know which PCM will be supporting it? I have seen some interesting tables in the E38 that looks like they are boost friendly........

Let the feast begin!:master:

Howard

KAZ MotorSports
November 27th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Cool pics Howard!

She will be fun...but I think I will be playing with that intercooler a bit. Looks like some room for improvement. ;)

GMPX
November 27th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I suspect it will be the E67, it already runs all the GM boosted motors.

Cheers,
Ross

Chuck CoW
November 27th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I suspect it will be the E67, it already runs all the GM boosted motors.

Cheers,
Ross

Yup, that's what my sources tell me too... I thought the E38 was GM's premium product (cause it's in the VETTE;) )

But, no....apparently, the E67 is going to be the controller of choice.....

Chuck CoW

GMPX
November 28th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Yup, that's what my sources tell me too... I thought the E38 was GM's premium product (cause it's in the VETTE;) )

Chuck CoW

No, the E38 is the midrange controller, E67 is the premium controller, that is why it's used on the "Premium V8" being the Northstar ;) What will be interesting is if the entire Corvette range will change to the E67 to commonise the wiring harnesses etc.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
November 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM
No, the E38 is the midrange controller, E67 is the premium controller, that is why it's used on the "Premium V8" being the Northstar ;) What will be interesting is if the entire Corvette range will change to the E67 to commonise the wiring harnesses etc.

Cheers,
Ross

I still don't know why GM jerks around with all these different PCM's. What is the major difference between E38 and E67 from a hardware perspective?

HT

GMPX
November 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
What is the major difference between E38 and E67 from a hardware perspective?

HT

More inputs and outputs basically, hence the 3rd plug, remember, it's all about saving a couple of bucks per car. But then again, why would a G6 have an E67 and the Z06 have an E38? Apart from the plugs, the CPU 'core' is the same, it's not like it's totally different.

Cheers,
Ross

KAZ MotorSports
January 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hey Howard,

A friend sent me this screensaver link.

http://smallblockscreensaver.com/default.aspx

Pretty cool.

-Kenny

joecar
January 28th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Yeah, that is cool...!!! :cheers:

Quasimotor
January 28th, 2008, 04:03 AM

Chuck CoW

Too funny, if the E67 is the premium controller, then why do they put it in HHR's and Cobalts?

Jim

GMPX
January 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Jim, as I was informed the other day on this (because I could never figure it out!), because the E67 still has a ClassII VPW communications line, the E38 does not, so if other modules in the vehicle need ClassII then the E67 needs to be used.

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
January 28th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Jim, as I was informed the other day on this (because I could never figure it out!), because the E67 still has a ClassII VPW communications line, the E38 does not, so if other modules in the vehicle need ClassII then the E67 needs to be used.

Cheers,
Ross

Interesting, I was meaning to ask you that Ross, could the P12 or E67 communicate on a 02 OBDII bus?

Chuck CoW
January 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Yeah, that's what I meant.... I was under the impression that the Corvette was a premium vehicle.:bash:

But, I guess I should switch to tuning more caddies!

Chuck CoW

hquick
January 29th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Yet...the 2009.5 G8 uses the E38.

GMPX
January 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Interesting, I was meaning to ask you that Ross, could the P12 or E67 communicate on a 02 OBDII bus?

Yes both can, just the E38 has no ClassII bus.
BTW, shoot me an Email to remind me about the E67 file you wanted.

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
January 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Done Ross, and thanks!

(I hope I sent it to the right place...)

leres
January 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Jim, as I was informed the other day on this (because I could never figure it out!), because the E67 still has a ClassII VPW communications line, the E38 does not, so if other modules in the vehicle need ClassII then the E67 needs to be used. The E38 may not be able to do class 2 VPW directly but the BCM acts as a gateway between CAN and VPW modules for certain things. And there's a lot of non emissions/non-engine control stuff going on the class 2 bus in a C6!

Chuck CoW
April 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
We'll as if the E38 hasn't been fun enough....................GM's new bad boy LS9 is getting close to being a reality!

Anyone know which PCM will be supporting it? I have seen some interesting tables in the E38 that looks like they are boost friendly........

Let the feast begin!:master:

Howard

Hey Howard! I was at the GM ASSEMBLY PLANT today and I actually touched a new ZR1!

I begged the engineers to let me download the tune...to no avail....:rippedhand:

I'm going back tomorrow to try again!
Chuck CoW

p.s. HA! HA! I touched one before you did!

joecar
April 28th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Hey Chuck, cool... :cheers: ...you're having too much fun tripping around the countryside... :cheers:

Redline Motorsports
April 28th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Chuck,

Don't come back until you get the CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HT

powertrippin
April 28th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Too bad you can not get the cal with the flashscan alone but maybe a bribe of pizza and beer might help lol
Ed:grd:

GMPX
April 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I begged the engineers to let me download the tune...to no avail....:rippedhand:

Just need to spy the ECM Chuck, 2 plugs or 3 plugs?
You could always tell them you want to download the tune to start working on a better one than the factory offers :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Ross