Paul

Hyper99
November 27th, 2007, 10:00 PM
So far so good - Updated fine.

I like the memory selection feature.

Will try it in the truck in the morning:rockon:

SV8346
November 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM
i cant get it to go into deadpoll mode, when i hold down the control button and plug it in i get the 2 amber flashing lights back and forward but when i go to check status in the firmware upgrade it says its not in deadpoll mode????

HELP.......

JezzaB
November 27th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Still cant get it to read the PCM. Same as before, unlocks the PCM and gets ready to read etc and then just sits there waiting and waiting with the occasional spurt in activity on the lights.

Then when i retried the operation it informed me the PCM was locked. Removed the cable, restarted car. Same. Restarted EFILive Tune Tool. Still the same, says its locked. Restarted the computer and it wouldnt say it was locked anymore but still cant read the PCM. This was on an E38 again, dont have an LS1 to try it on tonight.

Jez

SV8346
November 27th, 2007, 10:30 PM
:help:

has anyone had this problem before, nothing i can do can get it to go into dead poll mode.

:help:

NERDPWR
November 27th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Upgraded to the new firmware without issue.. Went for a drive Logged some data.. At this stage all seems good..

BTW 433 / 05 VZ.

:cheers:

XLR8NSS
November 27th, 2007, 11:00 PM
i cant get it to go into deadpoll mode, when i hold down the control button and plug it in i get the 2 amber flashing lights back and forward but when i go to check status in the firmware upgrade it says its not in deadpoll mode????

HELP.......

Exact same thing here. I will check back in this afternoon.

Thanks

NERDPWR
November 27th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Exact same thing here. I will check back in this afternoon.

Thanks

You will need to go straight into EFILive Explorer and update the firmware straight to 2.5.09 using the firmware tab if you have already been through the previous beta firmware upgrade....

SV8346
November 27th, 2007, 11:05 PM
yep same, upgraded....thanks to NERDPWR. Went for a drive and done a short log all seems good. Will be even better once more pids are available.

Awesome work blacky!!!

Cougar281
November 28th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm still not getting any data in standalone. The timer increments, but no frames are logged and no data is displayed next to the PIDs. After teh update, I formatted the config flash and copied all the PMM files and the options.ini back.

Also, still getting the $0311 when I try to clear DTCs on my LLY.

Hyper99
November 28th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Success! :D Logged both to internal memory and SD card.:cucumber:

In the Config.INI file I see where the PIDS are defined as to which ones to log.

PCM, ECT, 0:110:1:1:0
PCM, MAP
PCM, RPM, 0:6500:2:1:0
PCM, VSS
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, IAT
PCM, TP
PCM, SHRTFT1
PCM, LONGFT1
PCM, SHRTFT2
PCM, LONGFT2
PCM, KR, 0:0:3:1:5
PCM, HO2S11
PCM, HO2S21
PCM, IBPW1
PCM, IBPW2
PCM, TOS
PCM, GEAR

What other PIDS are usable?

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm still not getting any data in standalone. The timer increments, but no frames are logged and no data is displayed next to the PIDs. After teh update, I formatted the config flash and copied all the PMM files and the options.ini back.

Can you clear codes and log data using a laptop in passthrough mode?
If so, can you please connect up FlashScan to your laptop and LLY and click on the connect button, then clear codes, then log about 10 seconds of data. Stop logging and select File->Generate error report. Save the report and email it to me at paul@efilive.com.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Success! :D Logged both to internal memory and SD card.:cucumber:

In the Config.INI file I see where the PIDS are defined as to which ones to log.

PCM, ECT, 0:110:1:1:0
PCM, MAP
PCM, RPM, 0:6500:2:1:0
PCM, VSS
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, IAT
PCM, TP
PCM, SHRTFT1
PCM, LONGFT1
PCM, SHRTFT2
PCM, LONGFT2
PCM, KR, 0:0:3:1:5
PCM, HO2S11
PCM, HO2S21
PCM, IBPW1
PCM, IBPW2
PCM, TOS
PCM, GEAR

What other PIDS are usable?

The available PIDs are listed in the *.txt files in the Pid Descriptions folder. Read the Readme.txt file in that folder for more info.

The PIDs currently available are only about 20% of what is available in total. We will add in the rest once everything is working properly.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 08:40 AM

Just re-checked the LLY and found similar problems. I think its just a configuration problem. Working on a fix now...

Regards
Paul

Happy Jim
November 28th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I was typing a message about my problems updating the firmware...however all now sorted.

Whilst typing my message I ran EFILive Explorer so that I could transcribe what I was doing accuratly.....HA! it wouldn't let me type in this window while it was running (XP running dual screens), I could click the browser window and transfer focus, scroll up and down OK, just couldn't type.

Not an issue for me in anyway, just thought you might like to know.

Jim

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I was typing a message about my problems updating the firmware...however all now sorted.

Whilst typing my message I ran EFILive Explorer so that I could transcribe what I was doing accuratly.....HA! it wouldn't let me type in this window while it was running (XP running dual screens), I could click the browser window and transfer focus, scroll up and down OK, just couldn't type.

Not an issue for me in anyway, just thought you might like to know.

Jim

Got a USB keyboard? Sometimes my keyboard stops working (on Vista), I just unplug - replug it and it is all good again. Not sure what is causing it. It only fails when I have another USB device plugged in to the socket next to it - i.e. on the same hub.

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
November 28th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I updated to the newest firmware, but do I have to re-update the bootblock with today's update?

Blacky
November 28th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I updated to the newest firmware, but do I have to re-update the bootblock with today's update?

No, the bootblock update is only required to be done once.

Actually you can't do the boot blockupgrade again because the option to upgrade the bootblock is only in the old 2.4 firmware. Now that you have updated to the 2.5 firmware you can just run the EFILive_Explorer program and use the firmware programming option in there. You also don't need to do the "hold down the Ctrl key" thing anymore either when programming the firmware.

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
November 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks Paul! Just went out and tested it out. Works great on my LSx, does not work on my LLY.

Happy Jim
November 29th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Got a USB keyboard? Sometimes my keyboard stops working (on Vista), I just unplug - replug it and it is all good again. Not sure what is causing it. It only fails when I have another USB device plugged in to the socket next to it - i.e. on the same hub.

Regards
Paul

Keyboard is fine, while I've got the "Reply to Thread" window open (ie I'm in the middle of replying to a post) if EFI Explorer is running I can't type in the "Reply to Thread" window - I can click into it and get the flashing curser...just can't type anything. As soon as I close EFI Explorer all is fine again (I'm on IE6 if the browser has anything to do with it).

No biggie though

Cheers

Jim

Blacky
November 29th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Keyboard is fine, while I've got the "Reply to Thread" window open (ie I'm in the middle of replying to a post) if EFI Explorer is running I can't type in the "Reply to Thread" window - I can click into it and get the flashing curser...just can't type anything. As soon as I close EFI Explorer all is fine again (I'm on IE6 if the browser has anything to do with it).

No biggie though

Cheers

Jim

How weird :nixweiss:, I've never heard of that happening. What happens if you manually terminate EFILive_Hapi and leave EFILive_Explorer running?

Regards
Paul

Happy Jim
November 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
How weird :nixweiss:, I've never heard of that happening. What happens if you manually terminate EFILive_Hapi and leave EFILive_Explorer running?

Regards
Paul

Paul,

Have just tried to re-create it.....:bash: I can't get it to do it now. I'll put it down to me for the moment
Time for more :beer:

Regards

Jim

dfe1
November 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Tried BB logging with 2002 5.3 auto Silverado (laptop not connected) and everything worked fine. Now I know why I get to work so fast-- transmission output speed (TOS) is over 100,000 rpm. Readings were fairly similar whether 99+ manual or auto was selected.

lakingslayer
November 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
One thing I've observed.

I recently reloaded XP on my laptop to clean things up a bit. When I reloaded EFILive and downloaded all the new Beta stuff for BB logging I've noticed that the scan tool almost studders while logging. Also the log file will not replot itself when I load it. I have to play back the whole log file to be able to use the chart inspector. My logs are about 30-40minutes each so this can be a little annoying. I haven't found anything in the configuration menus that fixes the replotting of the log files. It's set to auto replot after 3K frames but doesn't do it. Oh and this is logging using the V2 in pass through mode.

Blacky
November 29th, 2007, 04:14 PM
One thing I've observed.

I recently reloaded XP on my laptop to clean things up a bit. When I reloaded EFILive and downloaded all the new Beta stuff for BB logging I've noticed that the scan tool almost studders while logging. Also the log file will not replot itself when I load it. I have to play back the whole log file to be able to use the chart inspector. My logs are about 30-40minutes each so this can be a little annoying. I haven't found anything in the configuration menus that fixes the replotting of the log files. It's set to auto replot after 3K frames but doesn't do it. Oh and this is logging using the V2 in pass through mode.
Check the following settings:

Properties->Playback->Update display every "N" seconds.
That determines how often the screen is redraw BOTH during playback and during logging. THe higher the value the more disjointed/jerky the playback becomes. The lower the vlaue the more powerful CPU you need.

Properties->Playback->Automatic
That will automatically increase the value above if the PC is not keeping up with the logged data. You can observe whether this automatic setting is having any effect by opening the Profile window (Ctrl+Y) during logging and watching the Display value. If the Display value stays at 100% then the PC is keeping up, if the Display value drops below 100% then the automatic setting has temporarily increased the Update display every "N" seconds value to compensate.

Not sure why the charts won't replot automatically, but charts can be manually replotted using the "Replot all charts and maps" toolbar button in the playback toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Hotkey=Ctrl+R.

Check the you don't have Properties->Options->General->Disable confirmation dialogs checked. That may prevent the charts replotting.

P.S. To reset the Properties to installation defaults delete the registry key:
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7\Properties (and all its sub keys).

Regards
Paul

lakingslayer
November 30th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks Blacky. I'll try it next chance I get. Maybe when the rain goes away.