PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - ECM load failer

kodydog
November 28th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Ok folks, need help, was trying to do a full re-load to bring in a DSP5 OS and calibrations and during the reflash it went into a loop trying to retry a block of data. I had done a test first and all went well. I pulled fuses and was working in the low speed mode. Now the ECM is in an unknown state. This is an 04.5 LLY. I have loaded single calibration files before no problem but this was the first attempt to load the DSP OS. Truck is dead in the garage now.

kodydog
November 28th, 2007, 06:01 PM
OK fixed. Disconnected the batteries for 15 minutes and then tried to do a full reflash and it took. Truck is up and running again.

GMPX
November 28th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Well, glad to hear it's all good now.
Though, I'm always interested as to why people need to use low speed mode and pull fuses. It should not be necessary at all.
Do you have aftermarket radio equipment?, XM adaptopr, iPod adaptor?

Cheers,
Ross

kodydog
November 28th, 2007, 07:06 PM
No aftermarket accessories at all. just pulled the fuses and used slow speed as I was trying to be overly careful I guess. New to EFILive. Not sure why it failed but seemed to act like the cable stopped communicating. I would think the USB communications got hung someway or another. Using the 67 load.

GMPX
November 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Doing a read in high speed mode puts the most 'stress' on the communications. If you can do that without a hitch then as a general rule you can reflash in high speed mode just the same.
Try plugging all your fuses back in and then do a calibration only flash in high speed. If the truck has no aftermarket stuff on it you should be safe. But as you have already seen, a failed flash can be recovered.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - The ECM has recovered, but have you ;)

Trippin
November 29th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I ran into an LLY customer the phone the other day that could not get his truck flashed until we pulled fuses. He claimed the truck was completely stock.

:nixweiss:

sweetdiesel
November 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Well, glad to hear it's all good now.
Though, I'm always interested as to why people need to use low speed mode and pull fuses. It should not be necessary at all.
Do you have aftermarket radio equipment?, XM adaptopr, iPod adaptor?

Cheers,
Ross

sorry Ross probably my fault:frown: I just wanted his first full flash to be sucsessfull

i have only had probloms with one truck,where i actually had to pull fuses
i tried everything to flash the truck and it ended up flashing after i pulled the fuses?

my truck has only given me greif once and it wasnt anything to do with fuses
but its that fear that i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy when its saying "ECM is in a unknown state"

im glad after thousands of flashes that i dont hear about this very often:)

kodydog
November 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Figures that my first full flash would fail, 1 out of thousands!

Full Flash went in with out a glitch today. Did not pull fuses and used the high speed mode. DSP5 works great!

Thanks to all for the help! :cheers:

Now to get the valet mode working??