PDA

View Full Version : Beta update due out tomorrow

Blacky
November 29th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks to all the testing and feedback from lots of people, I have managed to reproduce and fix the scanning and reading/flashing problems with the new V2.5 firmware.

I will package the update tomorrow for download.

Almost all of the comms problems resulted from a simple change to task priority scheduling in the FlashScan operating system. The USB transmit task was not being scheduled fast enough and incoming data from the PCM was overwriting it before it could be transmitted to the PC.

I remember changing the task priorities just before releasing it while attempting to speed up BB Logging. :bash:

I should go and write out 100 lines: "I will not make changes before releasing the software - no matter how simple the change".:bawl:

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
November 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks to all the testing and feedback from lots of people, I have managed to reproduce and fix the scanning and reading/flashing problems with the new V2.5 firmware.

I will package the update tomorrow for download.

Almost all of the comms problems resulted from a simple change to task priority scheduling in the FlashScan operating system. The USB transmit task was not being scheduled fast enough and incoming data from the PCM was overwriting it before it could be transmitted to the PC.

I remember changing the task priorities just before releasing it while attempting to speed up BB Logging. :bash:

I should go and write out 100 lines: "I will not make changes before releasing the software - no matter how simple the change".:bawl:

Regards
Paul

Why bother when you can write a script in 30 seconds to do it for you?

Blacky
November 30th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Hehe, I've heard it said that a programmer is the only creature tht will spend 30 minutes tring to save 5 minutes. :beer:

joecar
November 30th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Isn't there already a library routine for doing that...? :D

Garry
November 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Why 30 seconds?

for i in `seq 100` ; do echo "some stupid text" ; done

doesn't really take 30 seconds ;)

TAQuickness
November 30th, 2007, 08:32 AM
HAH! Now I can just copy paste the script in 1 second! Thanks Garry!

Garry
November 30th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Hehe, I've heard it said that a programmer is the only creature tht will spend 30 minutes tring to save 5 minutes. :beer:
Time's not the issue ... finding a cool solution to a (possibly trivial) problem is the goal ... :)

XLR8NSS
November 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Nice!!!! So I might be able to get rid of this wicked torque management on my truck. Just look at the timing in the WOT section(83%) section of the log attatched. :( It literally feels like two nitrous hits at 4000 and ~5000 rpm.