PDA

View Full Version : Standby Power

SV8346
December 1st, 2007, 12:05 AM
Just a quick question, I'm just wondering what is the standby power consumption of the V2, I'm planning to mount the unit in the car full time and leave the diagnostics cable plug in all the time but this keeps the unit powered up at all times.

How much wattage or amperage does the unit pull while in standby mode?

TAQuickness
December 1st, 2007, 12:51 AM
I don't know the exact current draw, but I've found I can leave my bird parked and V2 connected for about 7 days. By the seventh day, the bird struggles to start.

kbracing96
December 1st, 2007, 05:17 AM
I don't know the exact current draw, but I've found I can leave my bird parked and V2 connected for about 7 days. By the seventh day, the bird struggles to start.

Is that with the back lighting on the V2 on or off? I'm sure that will make a big difference.

Blacky
December 4th, 2007, 01:56 AM
V2 uses 210-220mA when fully powered up.

The new BB logging firmware has a low power mode that reduces current draw to around 100mA. The low power mode will be available in the next beta update.

Low power mode can be manually selected or automatically entered after a user defined idle time has elapsed.

Any keypress, or USB communications will exit low power mode and return FlashScan to full power.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
December 4th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Is that with the back lighting on the V2 on or off? I'm sure that will make a big difference.

Off. LCD on and the battery is dead as a rock in 7 days