PDA

View Full Version : V2 stuck in reboot after 2.05.10 FW

Treurentner
December 1st, 2007, 12:29 AM
Hello Paul,

first everything went fine, updated to the 2.05.10 firmware without issue.
Then I watched some logs I did with the old 2.05.09 FW, saw that
no maf pid was shown from the 97/98 controller and added a line for maf and commanded afr to the config.ini. Copied this to the V2, disconnected and went to the car for logging.
Now the unit is not booting correctly and stucks on the splash screen.
It cannot be found by efilive explorer (device is not connected) until it is in dead poll mode (no problem to enter). The 2.05.10 fw can refashed without any issues. But downgrading to the older versions is not possible and causes an $008e error code.
After the splash screen is visible the right green led is flashing 5 times and the message appears that flashing was successful. Then the V2 is stuck:bawl:
Could this caused only by editing the config.ini?
What can be done?

Many thanks in advance!

Marco

ki5yk
December 1st, 2007, 01:25 AM
Exact same symptoms ...

Just so you know it is not an isolated case.

Chuck
Midland, MI

Treurentner
December 1st, 2007, 02:04 AM
Update,

found, that if i plug in the V2 twice (plug unplug plug) very short after the splash comes up at first - it will boot and found by efi explorer. Can be used as normal until the power is off...
Could be a problem with a startup timeout for the splash screen or timing problem of the components of the V2, may be they are initialised to early in first startup and powered up fast enough the second time because of the voltage is internally not fully dropped.

kind regards,

Marco

jay p
December 1st, 2007, 05:34 AM
I have the same problem. The above fix also works for me.

Jay

XLR8NSS
December 1st, 2007, 06:21 AM
Same problem here(stuck on splash page only). After plugging it in once the splash screen just sits there. If I unplug it and plug it back in within 3 seconds the splash screen comes up and then the main page loads like normal.

Wasted Income
December 1st, 2007, 06:55 AM
Same here.

My splash screen is just soooooooo good looking that I don't really mind :)

carcrafter22
December 1st, 2007, 02:16 PM
Update,

found, that if i plug in the V2 twice (plug unplug plug) very short after the splash comes up at first - it will boot and found by efi explorer. Can be used as normal until the power is off...

Marco

Same problem and same fix for me.

06 LBZ Duramax

Ira
December 1st, 2007, 07:57 PM
I've discovered that it you press and hold the Ctrl button just as the first yellow light lights that it will start every time. Of course I don't always get the button at the right time, but if I do it always works. Lot easier than double plugging.

Ira

Tordne
December 1st, 2007, 08:25 PM
CTRL+Cancel performs a reset/reboot as well.

Ira
December 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
That's even easier, Ctrl+Cancel after it locks and it boots right up.

Ira

JezzaB
December 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Hello Paul,

first everything went fine, updated to the 2.05.10 firmware without issue.
Then I watched some logs I did with the old 2.05.09 FW, saw that
no maf pid was shown from the 97/98 controller and added a line for maf and commanded afr to the config.ini. Copied this to the V2, disconnected and went to the car for logging.
Now the unit is not booting correctly and stucks on the splash screen.
It cannot be found by efilive explorer (device is not connected) until it is in dead poll mode (no problem to enter). The 2.05.10 fw can refashed without any issues. But downgrading to the older versions is not possible and causes an $008e error code.
After the splash screen is visible the right green led is flashing 5 times and the message appears that flashing was successful. Then the V2 is stuck:bawl:
Could this caused only by editing the config.ini?
What can be done?

Many thanks in advance!

Marco

What happens if you format the V2 and re-install the config files etc?

Blacky
December 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM
To fix the splash screen timeout not working problem, I have recently changed the boot/startup initialization sequences. Looks like in doing so, I broke it.

However, I have not seen that behaviour, but I will be looking into it.

Paul

Blacky
December 1st, 2007, 10:45 PM
Correction, after playing around with different settings I can get it to hang during reboot. I just formatted the Config file system and now it fails. Should be an easy fix. (but I know Murhpy's around here somewhere, with his laws...)

Paul

Blacky
December 2nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
Looks like the real time clock was not being initialized correctly. Under certain conditions it miscalculates the splash screen time which causes the splash screen timeout to be too large. If you leave it long enough the splash screen timeout will eventually timeout (sometimes as long as 60 seconds).

But for now, the Ctrl+Cancel will "reboot" through the problem.

Regards
Paul

John Skiba
December 2nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
I had this issue also. I fixed it by formating the config space. I just can't remember which one fixed it, format first and then firmware update or visa versa. Or was it setting the time. Changed to many things at once in my haste to get it to get past the splash screen.

Also seem to default to SD instead of internal memory when no SD is present after firmware update.

02Z06
December 2nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
I had this issue also. I fixed it by formating the config space. I just can't remember which one fixed it, format first and then firmware update or visa versa. Or was it setting the time. Changed to many things at once in my haste to get it to get past the splash screen.

Also seem to default to SD instead of internal memory when no SD is present after firmware update. I got past the splash screen by using cancel/ctl but I too show the default to SD instead of internal memory. In fact I cannot get internal memory to come up on the file system page. Under F1 SD Card info. F2 free space and F3 Format it comes up SD Card not present and gives no option to togle to internal Memory. Thus I cannot start any logging session.

Ira
December 3rd, 2007, 03:54 AM
Press F4 F2 F3 and then use the right and left arrow keys to choose what you want in settings.

Ira

02Z06
December 3rd, 2007, 04:18 AM
Press F4 F2 F3 and then use the right and left arrow keys to choose what you want in settings.

IraI did the above and it comes up file system SD card but no way to change it to internal memory.

Ira
December 3rd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Can you change any of the settings using the Right and Left Arrow keys? I can change any of the settings using those keys.

And not to be insulting, but this happens in, Options / Setup / Settings, are you sure that's where you are?

Ira

02Z06
December 3rd, 2007, 07:27 AM
Can you change any of the settings using the Right and Left Arrow keys? I can change any of the settings using those keys.

And not to be insulting, but this happens in, Options / Setup / Settings, are you sure that's where you are?

IraHi Ira, that does indeed work using the left and right arrow keys to toggle between SD Card and internal in settings. The problem appears to be as soon as you exit settings it defaults to SD card. If you go back to F1-File system it shows "SD memory card not present" under file system-F1,F2,F3.

XLR8NSS
December 3rd, 2007, 07:52 AM
02Z06 - When you push the arrow key to toggle internal memory on you must also press "OK" to actually select it. When you push OK it will say "Please Wait" while it updates the settings.

Try that. :)

02Z06
December 3rd, 2007, 08:18 AM
02Z06 - When you push the arrow key to toggle internal memory on you must also press "OK" to actually select it. When you push OK it will say "Please Wait" while it updates the settings.

Try that. :)Thanks XLR8NSS. Did not push OK and that was the problem. Now I am back in business as far as the logging goes. It seemed to me with 2.5.09 I could toggle between SD Card/internal in the F1-File system.