PDA

View Full Version : need a tune

snoxracer247
December 1st, 2007, 06:28 AM
can anybody make or do you have a tune for a 2003 gmc yukon 5.3 litre ive been looking for one and i cant find any that work.
thanks in advance

jfpilla
December 1st, 2007, 08:38 AM
can anybody make or do you have a tune for a 2003 gmc yukon 5.3 litre ive been looking for one and i cant find any that work.
thanks in advance

Have you tried here?
http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/stockTunes.php#GMC

snoxracer247
December 1st, 2007, 12:12 PM
yea i tryed there i need a modified tune and the only 5.3 litre tune there was with a supercharger thanks anyways

Aint Skeered
December 2nd, 2007, 09:06 AM
YOu will learn that nobody is going to give you a free tune , but they will help you learn to tune.
What areas are you wanting to start with? what mods are done to this vehicle?

Delco
December 2nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
thanks in advance

The one in the vehicle is the best starting point , then tune it.

snoxracer247
December 2nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
my yukon is completely stock, im looking for a tune that will give me more power mainly cause this kid has an 06 avalanch that he said has a chip and k/n air filter and thinks that there is nother product out there that is faster than his chip as far as chips go, and little maybe better gas milage if possible, and i have no idea on how to change my stock tune to make those three things possible.

5.7ute
December 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
So you have tuning software. Do you have a wideband ?
The gains you are chasing are obtainable but will require some effort on your part. Since a tune that works on one engine could turn yours into a pile of scrap, I would not be throwing any old tune in there. As Aint Skeered posted. Many on this forum will help you to tune it.
Start with the Auto VE & related tutorials which will help you learn how the fuelling is calculated.

ScarabEpic22
December 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
I would buy a WBO2 sensor, then do AutoVE tuning to get the max performance out of your engine (safely). Read the article through a couple times, and it should really help your truck out.

If you want some help on trans stuff, let me know and email me your stock tune. I dont have anything in regards to the engine part, but in my 02 TrailBlazer with the 4L60E (same trans as you), I have it shifting like a beast.

snoxracer247
December 3rd, 2007, 06:18 AM
I would buy a WBO2 sensor, then do AutoVE tuning to get the max performance out of your engine (safely). Read the article through a couple times, and it should really help your truck out.

If you want some help on trans stuff, let me know and email me your stock tune. I dont have anything in regards to the engine part, but in my 02 TrailBlazer with the 4L60E (same trans as you), I have it shifting like a beast.

ok thanks for the tip, and if you could help me on the trans stuff that would be great, i will email you my stock tune can you pm me your e-mail
thanks

ScarabEpic22
December 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
my email is in my profile, click my user name and send email, its right there.

How hard do you want it to shift, and completely stock trans, correct?

ChevyDieselLLY
January 3rd, 2008, 08:46 AM
im kinda in the same boat as OP. my buddy has an 04 Chevy 1500 EC SB 5.3 Vortec. everything stock. he would just like a little extra power nothing that will fry his trans tho.