PDA

View Full Version : How do I look at Logged Data ?

Ninety8C5
December 1st, 2007, 08:40 AM
I updated everything to today's release and it looks like I was able to log data from my 98 C5. I tried to look at the data like I used to do with V1 in the Scan Tool but that did not work. When I look at EFILive Explorer under the Scan tab there is a file BBLO0001.EFI, but it will not let me copy it to the PC or do anything else with it.

When I try to look at it with V2 I get an ERROR $0280 and when I look at the V2 with HAPI there is a trace file with ERROR 389 and ERROR $0185.

I must have missed the page with the rest of the directions for Black Box Logging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

XLR8NSS
December 1st, 2007, 08:53 AM
You can't just drag and drop the file into one of the PC folders within EFILive Explorer? That's what I had to do because it wouldn't let me right click/copy/paste.

Ninety8C5
December 1st, 2007, 09:00 AM
I just tried to drag and drop but it would not let me.

Thanks.

markap81
December 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
You need to drag your logs from the scan files tab in EFILive Explorer to a folder on your computer in EFILive Explorer. You can't copy them out of the EFILive Explorer program into another program such as Windows Explorer.

SV8346
December 1st, 2007, 09:54 AM
the other way it can be done is if you have an sd card reader, put the card into the card reader and look in the scan folder with windows explorer.then you can copy/cut and paste it to where you want it.

Ninety8C5
December 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
I was able to drag the file into several different folders using EFILive Explorer. I thought I tried that last time and kept getting the circle with a line through it. I also was able to open the file with the Scan Tool. :rockon:

I don't know what changed between just now and my earlier try, but I'm glad it works. :cheers:

:thankyou2:

lakingslayer
December 4th, 2007, 02:05 AM
I've been having the same trouble with this. There is a grayed out circle with a slash through it when you are trying to move it to an area that is not valid but the area that shows a piece of paper like image I cannot get the file to move or copy there. I've tried shutting down all other applications, rebooting the machine etc. No worky! This is with a file on the internal flash. I'll try the SD card next.

Ninety8C5
December 4th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I think it was that I was dragging the file to the upper center section of EFILive Explorer and trying to put the file in a folder. When I dragged the file to the upper right side which would be the contents of the folder it worked.

lakingslayer
December 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I still cannot get my file to transfer to my PC from the internal flash on the Flashscan v2.

Chevy366
December 7th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Can you double click on a Log file in EE and it open FS ?

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Can you double click on a Log file in EE and it open FS ?

No, EE is not a replacement for Windows Explorer (it may be in the future). The ONLY functionality that EE has similar to Windows Explorer is to allow you to move files to/from FlashScan. (And delete them when required).

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I still cannot get my file to transfer to my PC from the internal flash on the Flashscan v2.

Do you get an error or does EE just not let you do it?
Paul

lakingslayer
December 7th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I get no errors. The file just doesn't show up where I drag it to. I've tried to drag the log file to folders, the desktop, to directories etc. with not luck. I am dragging it from the bottom window to the upper right window with no luck. Everything looks like it works but the file just doesn't show up.

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
In the next update, I'll add in a trace window so you can see exactly what EFILive is doing and any problems that it encounters. Hopefully that will help to track down the source of the problem

Paul

lakingslayer
December 8th, 2007, 04:29 AM
In the next update, I'll add in a trace window so you can see exactly what EFILive is doing and any problems that it encounters. Hopefully that will help to track down the source of the problem

Paul
Thanks Paul. I also want let you know that when I do the drag and drop the V2 far right LED blinks twice so that is why I think it's trying to do something. I just formatted my SD card and I can drag a file from the computer to the scan tool and it goes onto the SD card. I just cannot take the file from the scan tool and drag it to the PC. At this point I can at least put the SD card in my PC and get the data that way.

dc_justin
December 22nd, 2007, 09:59 AM
Just now had an opportunity to test BBL (I don't drive much these days). I'm unable to copy the data from the V2's internal memory to a folder on my drive. The following is a trace of the error:

Drag over event triggered: from lvScan to lvShell
Drop allowed
Drop event triggered: from lvScan to lvShell
Processing selected item "BBL00003"
Copy "\EFILive\V7\Scan\BBL00003" to "C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\EFI\"
Set FlashScan File System to "Data"
Error: Error: $0185

Is this a case of needing to use an SD card instead of the flashscan internal memory?

Blacky
December 22nd, 2007, 11:00 AM
If you are not using an SD Card...

1. Make sure you have selected "Internal" for the "Log to:" setting.
2. Make sure you have formatted the internal file system.
3. Try clicking on the [Properties] button on the [Scan] tab page of EFILive Explorer? Does it show the free, used, bad and total space?

To select the internal file system, press F4: Options, then press F1: Log to: to toggle between SD Card and Internal.
To format the internal file system, set F1: Log to: to Internal. Then press F2: Setup, then press F2: File system, then press F3: Format File Sys.

Regards
Paul

dc_justin
December 22nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
If you are not using an SD Card...

1. Make sure you have selected "Internal" for the "Log to:" setting.
2. Make sure you have formatted the internal file system.
3. Try clicking on the [Properties] button on the [Scan] tab page of EFILive Explorer? Does it show the free, used, bad and total space?

To select the internal file system, press F4: Options, then press F1: Log to: to toggle between SD Card and Internal.
To format the internal file system, set F1: Log to: to Internal. Then press F2: Setup, then press F2: File system, then press F3: Format File Sys.

Regards
Paul

All of that works fine. Properties shows the right amount of used space, etc. I just can't pull the saved file from the internal memory onto my hard drive.

Blacky
December 22nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
I know this maybe obvious but I have to ask, are you using the latest firmware and latest EFILive Explorer software from here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6937

Regards
Paul

dc_justin
December 22nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
I know this maybe obvious but I have to ask, are you using the latest firmware and latest EFILive Explorer software from here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6937

Regards
Paul

Yes sir, I am.