PDA

View Full Version : What file sysrem is present now??? and more!

Ira
December 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Just spent a couple of hours logging and found I couldn't see the logs in the V2. Seems it thought it was supposed to use the SD file system even though there was no SD card present. I can understand, well, barely, that I have to go tell it to use the internal file systen when there is no card present, but no error message when trying to write to a non existant memory card?

Also I notice while starting to log and pressing F2 to view without logging that the message "Creating log file" still appears but pressing Cancel at the end does not cause the file to be saved!

Would it be possible to have the F1-F4 keys adjust the brightness of the LEDs while logging. The solid Yellow and flashing Blue LEDs are almost blinding when I'm logging in the car at night.

Ira

Biggsy
December 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM
Would it be possible to have the F1-F4 keys adjust the brightness of the LEDs while logging. The solid Yellow and flashing Blue LEDs are almost blinding when I'm logging in the car at night.

Ira

100mph tape will adjust the brightness!:muahaha:

SV8346
December 1st, 2007, 08:56 PM
blue tac works for me

Blacky
December 4th, 2007, 01:01 AM
JWould it be possible to have the F1-F4 keys adjust the brightness of the LEDs while logging. The solid Yellow and flashing Blue LEDs are almost blinding when I'm logging in the car at night.
Ira

There is an optionin the next update to disable the LEDs.
Regards
Paul

P.S. looking at the other issues you raised.

SS2win
December 4th, 2007, 01:18 AM
I'm afraid those LED's are either on or off. tape will fix it for now.

Garry
December 4th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Well, dimming them would mean doing PWM, which - depending on how much the processor is busy for the imortant stuff - might or might not work ... an ISR with low priority could work, but would probably require a free internal timer on the processor ...

Blacky
December 4th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Well, dimming them would mean doing PWM, which - depending on how much the processor is busy for the imortant stuff - might or might not work ... an ISR with low priority could work, but would probably require a free internal timer on the processor ...

Correct, if/when a brightness control is done, Iwould do it using an existing ISR. However, it is not a high priority. What is a priority is the ability to turn the LEDs off for night use. They are too bright for night time use.

Regards
Paul

Ira
December 6th, 2007, 07:08 AM
What is a priority is the ability to turn the LEDs off for night use. They are too bright for night time use.

I see we can turn them off now, but I want more! I would like them on because after they defaulted to off during the upgrade I thought the communication with the PC had died. Silly me! If I'm in a car at night and forget to turn the lights off before starting logging,I'd like a way to turn them off without stopping logging, possible F1.

Ira

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I see we can turn them off now, but I want more! I would like them on because after they defaulted to off during the upgrade I thought the communication with the PC had died. Silly me! If I'm in a car at night and forget to turn the lights off before starting logging,I'd like a way to turn them off without stopping logging, possible F1.

Ira

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=59746#post59746