PDA

View Full Version : Inovate XD16 gauge problems

TransTech
December 2nd, 2007, 06:21 AM
Hey guys,
I just installed my L1 and a XD16 AF guage. I followed the instructions on installing the black wire from the guage, blue and white from the LC1 are grounded to the engine block. The red from the guage and the red from the LC1 are connected to a switched power when ignition is turned on. The problem that I'm having is that after I calibrate the XD16 and the LC1, is that after a couple of ignition cycles it goes back to calibration again. Talked to Philipe at Inovate and he told me that I need to connect it to a ignition key on that stays on when you go from key on to start engine, without the votage dropping and then comming back on. I have a 96 Chevy C1500 2wd short bed P/U with a 5.7. My question is does anyone know of a power source that I could connect to that would stay 12v throughout key on to starting engine without power dropping off,(like when your radio comes on then goes off when you start engine till key is back to run possition) ?? Or does anyone know why I would have this problem ?? :help2: Thanks for your input !!

hquick
December 2nd, 2007, 10:20 AM
Cig lighter?
I connected my PLX to the cig lighter supply.

TransTech
December 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
My cig lighter has power all the time,even with ignition off.