PDA

View Full Version : crewman cross8

dobsons dyno tune
December 3rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
has anybody tuned a vy cross8 holden crewman on a hub dyno
i cannot disable the traction control i have done ever thng i can think of and are about to cry or turn to drinking:beer: :beer: if you can help asap <the customer is waiting > and im doing this at the mo:nixweiss: and i would rather be doin this:notacrook: be fore he does this:bash: my phone number is 067548336 in new zeland
cheers ross

ScarabEpic22
December 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Can you pull the fuse for TC? I know the TrailBlazer SS has this issue on the dyno and lots of guys pull the fuse and dont worry about the rear brakes applying while they are dynoing.

dobsons dyno tune
December 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
tryed it with no success cheers tho

ScarabEpic22
December 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
Hmm, then Im out of ideas.

Just wanted to make sure you werent on the dyno and have the StabiliTrak kick in and give you some red rear brakes!

oztracktuning
December 3rd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Hi Ross
You can maybe set the available torque for traction control to zero and reduce all the timing subtractors. But im not sure that will work.
I havent had trouble with Crewmans laying rubber :) but i guess you need it for the dyno.

Steve

Delco
December 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
has anybody tuned a vy cross8 holden crewman on a hub dyno
i cannot disable the traction control i have done ever thng i can think of and are about to cry or turn to drinking:beer: :beer: if you can help asap <the customer is waiting > and im doing this at the mo:nixweiss: and i would rather be doin this:notacrook: be fore he does this:bash: my phone number is 067548336 in new zeland
cheers ross

Is it a 4wd hub dyno ? , the system needs to be setup so all 4 wheels are going same speed or you will have issues , dynapackl should have software to suit

dobsons dyno tune
December 4th, 2007, 09:58 AM
thanks for replies i have tryed all traction control and torque limiting opitions
in efi and there is also no switch on the 4wd crewman i will ring dynapack today and see if they can help. I really hate losing so will keep you all informed on the out come
cheers for info tho
ross

johnv
December 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM
pretty sure the traction control is linked to the ABS on these things and can't be disabled.
I have played with one, zerrowed out all torque management, TC, etc and it still would not do doughnuts on a sandy beach :bash: ABS just applied brakes :nixweiss:

TNT76
December 5th, 2007, 12:37 PM
What if you temporarily disconnect the ABS wheel speed sensors? For offroad testing only of course.

Delco
December 6th, 2007, 11:26 AM
For the dyno to operate correctly all 4 wheels need to be going at the same speed or it will activate the brakes to the faster wheel to get them all back into synch.

This vehicle has a open centre in the transfer case so they cannot be run safely in 2wd more or on a dyno that doesnt have a speed matching program on the front to rear retarders.

February 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Something to keep in mine

Nick--