PDA

View Full Version : Help, after BB upgrade, can't add VIN license

Wasted Income
December 3rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Arrgh, I just want my buddy's truck out of my yard...

Anyways, I just swapped a 4L80E into a 1500 silverado, bought a VIN license from Green Light Motorsports, got it after waiting several days, and now my V2 won't accept the code!! :bawl:

The only thing I've changed is that I upgraded to the Beta BB logging update last week. Every time I click in the window of the first s

Attached are the screenshots of what I get when I try to add the license.

Every time I click in the window of the first screenshot, the authorization code changes. It just started doing this after the BBL upgrade.

Here's the info I provided to Green Light:
Order Items
Qty Name SKU Price Total
1 VIN/PCM License (FlashScan: V2 VIN
Serial: xxxxxxxxxxx
Auth Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's what I got back:
EFILive FlashScan Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Activation Code: xxxxxxxxxx Number of VIN Licenses Purchased: 1 Total License Number: 14

Blacky
December 3rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
You've definitely been sent the correct information by Greenlight.

I will investigate the license adding process in the new BB logging firmware. There may be a problem.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Every time I click in the window of the first screenshot, the authorization code changes. It just started doing this after the BBL upgrade.

The auth code is a rolling code and will be different each time it is generated.

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
December 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
It regenerates almost every time you click in the window now. It takes a few seconds, then the screen refreshes. It did it probably 7 times while I was getting the info to send to Greenlight when I initially purchased the license.

Thanks guys.

ScarabEpic22
December 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, might want to hide/delete this thread eventually for privacy issues... your V2 s/n is there.

Hope you get your issue resolved! :)

Wasted Income
December 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Will this be addressed in the next release?

Blacky
December 5th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Will this be addressed in the next release?

Yes. I was testing the solution for this problem when our test equipment failed. See here for more details.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6822

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
December 5th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Yes. I was testing the solution for this problem when our test equipment failed.

:shock:

Sorry...? haha
:doh:

Wasted Income
December 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I was going to reflash the PCM from my truck to get my buddy's truck going, but I'm not going to put forth the effort if I'll be good to go tomorrow morning.

*fingers crossed* :)

Thanks again fellas.

Blacky
December 5th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Update is available, your license should now activate correctly.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
December 6th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Perfect! Upgrade went well, and I was able to add the license. Thanks mate!