PDA

View Full Version : Camaro tune to control truck engine?

Dale
December 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Ok, I have a custom setup and I am currently running it with an L31 tune file. But it was based off an automatic, I am a manual. After searching I see no 01/02 L31 came with a manual. Also in this searching I see most people say "start with a different tune file" when they have done a trans swap. With that, I see that an 02 camaro came with a manual, and same OS as the tune I am working from.

Would it work if I took that tune(camaro manual), and chart for chart, except trans, copy my L31 stuff into the camaro tune? Then it would work as a manual?

SSpdDmon
December 4th, 2007, 08:20 AM
If they are the same OS, you can open the Camaro tune and then load your tune in the background to do a comparison. Then, when the list pops up, just highlight the tables you want to copy over and hit the update button on the bottom right. :)

Dale
December 4th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Hum, I have not beenable to figure out how to compare files. Let alone copy whole charts. That would be alot easier then manually typing in all the tables.

But am I correct, that would still run it?

SSpdDmon
December 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Hum, I have not beenable to figure out how to compare files. Let alone copy whole charts. That would be alot easier then manually typing in all the tables.

But am I correct, that would still run it?
Not sure....it's worth a try though.

To load another file in the background, click "File>Load alternate calibration for comparison..." in the menu bar at the top. Then, click the red arrows <<==>> that light up just below to the right. That'll show you the list of all things different. Click on an item in the list and click the Update button at the bottom to change the current file to the file loaded in the back ground. If you want to highlight multiple items, click the first one, hold down the shift button, and use the arrow keys on your keyboard (up/down) to select the ones you want.

The key is to open the Camaro file (or a copy of the Camaro file) first and load your existing one in the background. This will change the Camaro file to your file's calibrations.

Dale
December 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Cool, thanks for the explanation! Will give that a try tonight.

Dale
December 4th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Ok, was able to make it load both and do a review.

Havent changed anything yet as I need to do other things tonight. Wondering if this will fix my speedo issues too :)

SSpdDmon
December 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM
You do realize it's probably wise to do a full flash, right?