PDA

View Full Version : Delay

Blacky
December 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Yesterday, something failed. We don't know what yet.

Five debug/development systems are all showing the same symptoms. We don't believe it is the test FlashScan units that have failed. It is more likely the debugging equipment has failed.

We are working with our suppliers today to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

If the problem turns out to require new dubugging/programming equipment, it may take a day or two until the new equipment arrives.

I hate to say this, but there may not be an update before the weekend.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
December 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM
No worries Paul. You ought to take a break and drink a beer or 12 while you're waiting on the supliers.

joecar
December 5th, 2007, 11:16 AM
The Universal Law of Test Equipment (Development Systems): test equipment only seems to fail at a crucial time.

Blacky
December 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Good news and bad news (and really bad news)

The good news is the problem has been identified and is being fixed now. It should only take 1/2 hour to fix.:notacrook:

The bad news is, the problem was caused by human error.:nixweiss:

The really bad news is the human was me.:bash:

If everything goes to plan I should be able to post an update later tonight (early tomorrow morning, US time).

Regards
Paul

02Z06
December 5th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Good news and bad news (and really bad news)

The good news is the problem has been identified and is being fixed now. It should only take 1/2 hour to fix.:notacrook:

The bad news is, the problem was caused by human error.:nixweiss:

The really bad news is the human was me.:bash:

If everything goes to plan I should be able to post an update later tonight (early tomorrow morning, US time).

Regards
PaulWhat time zone shows up on the Posts Auckland, NZ? Thanks.

Wasted Income
December 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Regards
Paul

:rockon:

Blacky
December 5th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Your post, shows as Yesterday 11:59pm
See image.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 5th, 2007, 01:26 PM
The Universal Law of Test Equipment (Development Systems): test equipment only seems to fail at a crucial time.
Hmmm, I was pushing too hard and did not notice that I had left a switch on in one of the software programming packages. It caused each unit to fail. As each one failed, I grabbed another thinking that I would go back and fix the failed ones when I had time. But after they all failed, I had none left to work with :(

Actually they didn't fail, they just went into a mode that I did not expect or realize. I am in the process of reversing that change...

It was a bit like sticking your hand in the fire and discovering that it burns, then waiting 10 minutes and sticking your hand in the fire again to see if it still burns. And then doing it 5 times. There's a lesson here somewhere....
(where's that "DOH!!!!!!" smilie)

Edit: :doh:

Paul

Wasted Income
December 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM
:doh:

02Z06
December 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM
See image.

Regards
PaulThanks Paul Just wasn't sure

Garry
December 6th, 2007, 06:47 AM
It was a bit like sticking your hand in the fire and discovering that it burns, then waiting 10 minutes and sticking your hand in the fire again to see if it still burns. And then doing it 5 times. There's a lesson here somewhere....
(where's that "DOH!!!!!!" smilie)

Should we call you "Homer" now? :muahaha:

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Should we call you "Homer" now? :muahaha:

Bit of an insult to Homer, really :wave:

Paul

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM
See image.

Regards
Paul

I should add the time displayed on the forum here (Auckland) is wrong. We are currently in daylight savings and the time displayed is not. i.e. when it displays 8:00am it is actually 9:00am here.

Regards
Paul