View Full Version : BB Logging Update Dec 6, 2007

Blacky
December 5th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Download these two files:

http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V7/EFILive_V751_028_69.zip
and
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_V811_011_11.zip

Instructions have been updated, see attached Readme_First.rtf file

If you have already upgraded to the new BB logging bootblock, then you do not need to (in fact you cannot) upgrade the bootblock again. Once it has been done you only need to update the V2.05.xx firmware if/when new firmware is released.

There is new firmware that you must program into FlashScan using the programming option in EFILive_Explorer.
It contains a license upgrade event that will occur the first time you boot FlashScan with firmware 2.5.11 installed.

The low power mode is now active. If FlashScan goes into low power mode, it will appear to be switched off. To re-activate FlashScan, press and hold any key (except Ctrl) until the display lights up. It takes a keypress of about 3/4 of a second. Low power mode can be changed or disabled in FlashScan's settings.

Regards
Paul

SV8346
December 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM
all upgrade went perfect, flashes prg cal's in with no problems. Only thing i have noticed is that after updating cal's i cant get scan software on laptop to connect, i have to unplug V2 and shutdown scan software then restart everything to get it to connect.

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 12:58 AM
all upgrade went perfect, flashes prg cal's in with no problems. Only thing i have noticed is that after updating cal's i cant get scan software on laptop to connect, i have to unplug V2 and shutdown scan software then restart everything to get it to connect.

Make sure that EFILive_Hapi is not still running in the system tray on the task bar. If it is, that will prevent the Scan and/or Tune software from seeing FlashScan.

There may also be a reset issue in FlashScan after reading/flashing - I will investigate it tomorrow.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
December 6th, 2007, 04:52 AM
cooooooool. Thanks Paul. If all goes well, I should have my first shot at testing BBL tomorrow.

Garry
December 6th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I see the date setting bug was fixed ... :)

Goldfinger911
December 6th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Looks good. The update was flawless. Flashed my ECU no probs. One little thing, and a few questions...

The splash screen timeout under Settings, doesn't seem to have an affect anymore.

Also, what are these delays:

--Alert?
--Error
--AR Delay?
--AR Speed?

Thanks again mate. Off to the dyno for me. :)

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Looks good. The update was flawless. Flashed my ECU no probs. One little thing, and a few questions...

The splash screen timeout under Settings, doesn't seem to have an affect anymore.

Also, what are these delays:

--Alert?
--Error
--AR Delay?
--AR Speed?

Thanks again mate. Off to the dyno for me. :)

I'll check the splash screen timeout.

Alert (i.e. non-serious errors) is the number of milliseconds that alerts will be displayed. Set to 0 if you want to be required to press any key to clear an alert display.
Error is the number of milliseconds that errors will be displayed. Set to 0 if you want to be required to press any key to clear an error display.
AR Delay is the initial delay in ms before a key will start Auto Repeating.
AR Speed is the delay between repeated keys. Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
December 6th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Cool. Thanks Paul.

The ReadMe file says that this release has User Defined Audible alarms... how do I configure them?

Thanks.

Chevy366
December 6th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Everything seems o-k , data pass through did not work for me on last update , does now .
Great progress .:D

Garry
December 6th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Yup, looks like we're getting there! :rockon: Good work Paul!

Ninety8C5
December 6th, 2007, 09:56 AM
The splash screen timeout under Settings, doesn't seem to have an affect anymore. :)

I was changing/playing with the splash screens last night and it seemed that every time I changed the screen the splash screen would not stay on for the full 5000 ms that I had set.

I went to the option for the splash screen timeout and it was still set to 5000ms . I pushed the 'OK' button and on the next start up the splash screen stay on for the full 5000ms.

I seems that the timeout resets to the default everytime you change the splash screen even though it is set for a longer time on the option screen, if you do not go and reset it (OK). :Eyecrazy:

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Cool. Thanks Paul.

The ReadMe file says that this release has User Defined Audible alarms... how do I configure them?

Thanks.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=59758#post59758

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I was changing/playing with the splash screens last night and it seemed that every time I changed the screen the splash screen would not stay on for the full 5000 ms that I had set.

I went to the option for the splash screen timeout and it was still set to 5000ms . I pushed the 'OK' button and on the next start up the splash screen stay on for the full 5000ms.

I seems that the timeout resets to the default everytime you change the splash screen even though it is set for a longer time on the option screen, if you do not go and reset it (OK). :Eyecrazy:

Yes, there is something weird going on with the splash screen time. It is not being initialized correctly. I am still looking for it.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
December 6th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Paul, just FYI, still no LLY BBL or clearing DTC's on the DSP5 OS.

XLR8NSS
December 6th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I'll be able to check out my E38/T43 stuff tomorrow.

dc_justin
December 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
License adding worked for me.

Locked a PCM to my cable without any problems.

Flashed with no issues. Things seem good.

Still have the periodic flashscan splash screen hang on the V2 itself, but for now, that's minor.

02Z06
December 6th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I'll be able to check out my E38/T43 stuff tomorrow.Hi XLR8NSS, I think you will find everything is OK. I used Flashscan on my 08-Z06 with no problems, I did format some different PID's, ETCTP, MAF, MAFFREQ2. Will load new file in the ECM tonight and get back.

02Z06
December 6th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Make sure that EFILive_Hapi is not still running in the system tray on the task bar. If it is, that will prevent the Scan and/or Tune software from seeing FlashScan.

There may also be a reset issue in FlashScan after reading/flashing - I will investigate it tomorrow.

Regards
PaulAfter Flashing my E38 ECM I went to the scan tool and flashscan would not connect. Pulled USB to reset FS and all was well. BTW thanks Paul for fixing the HO2S11 +2 in the E38 PID's.

SV8346
December 7th, 2007, 01:09 AM
EFI Live hapi was definitely not running and still cant get scan tool to connect after flashing new cal's. I have to reset V2, shut down scan software then restart software and reconnect V2 then it will connect to software.

Wasted Income
December 7th, 2007, 04:57 AM
EFI Live hapi was definitely not running and still cant get scan tool to connect after flashing new cal's. I have to reset V2, shut down scan software then restart software and reconnect V2 then it will connect to software.

I have the same exact problem.

I am also not able to clear DTCs with the V2 in standalone (2002 5.3L PCM). I can't remember the error#, but I'll post it up maybe this weekend.

lakingslayer
December 7th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Paul, just FYI, still no LLY BBL or clearing DTC's on the DSP5 OS.

BBL works for me on the LLY DSP5. Clearing DTC's with the V2 doesn't but I can with the laptop. I just can't get my data to the PC from the V2.

Cougar281
December 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM
BBL works for me on the LLY DSP5. Clearing DTC's with the V2 doesn't but I can with the laptop. I just can't get my data to the PC from the V2.

Hmmm... That's odd. I tried both in my truck with the DSP5 OS and on the bench with my original untouched ECM. Neither would give up data in BBL, but the original would let me clear codes without an error. I tried BBL on a LS1 PCM on the bench and it logged data... :nixweiss:

Any tips?

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hmmm... That's odd. I tried both in my truck with the DSP5 OS and on the bench with my original untouched ECM. Neither would give up data in BBL, but the original would let me clear codes without an error. I tried BBL on a LS1 PCM on the bench and it logged data... :nixweiss:

Any tips?

Try selecting LLY Manaul (not auto) since we don't have the Allison PID definitions set up for BBL yet.
Paul

Cougar281
December 7th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Try selecting LLY Manaul (not auto) since we don't have the Allison PID definitions set up for BBL yet.
Paul

No dice. Tried both ECMs, both Auto and Manual. Still pulls from the LS1 though...

Wasted Income
December 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM
My LLY with DSP5 will BBL.

dfe1
December 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
2002 Silverado- bbl works fine, reflash works fine. Reflash screen still says Auto Cal V2 instead of FlashScan V2.

LBZ_GMC
December 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I am able to flash LBZ ecm now. Mine say AutoCal V2 as well. Good work guys , your getting there!

Donovan
December 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I am able to flash LBZ ecm now. Mine say AutoCal V2 as well. Good work guys , your getting there!

So am I! I did notice that when I flashed the ECM and the tried to open another tuner file and flash the TCM I lost communication to the Flashscan and needed to bounce the device. I think someone else also reported this problem....