PDA

View Full Version : Hot keys and LEDs

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I am going to add in "hot keys", suggestions welcome. Here's what I have so far.

On/Off = LEDs on/off (not implemented yet)
Ctrl+On/Off = low power mode (not implemented yet)
Ctrl+Cancel = reboot
F1..F8 and Ctrl+F1-Ctrl+F8 = notes while logging

The LED assignments are (from left to right)
1 = Nothing yet
2 = Nothing yet
3 = Heartbeat message. I want to change this to writing to SD card or internal Flash. That way you can *know* if/when FlashScan should not be powered off.
4 = OBD comms
5 = USB comms

Suggestions for the LEDs are also welcome.

Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
December 6th, 2007, 09:34 AM
What about making the unused LED's lightup at a user programmable threshold within a PID? Like if I get some Knock retard, I want it to light up. Or, if ECT or IAT get over a certain temp, light it up. It would be handy for pulls or runs while spraying nitrous or when tuning for optimal timing.

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM
What about making the unused LED's lightup at a user programmable threshold within a PID? Like if I get some Knock retard, I want it to light up. Or, if ECT or IAT get over a certain temp, light it up. It would be handy for pulls or runs while spraying nitrous or when tuning for optimal timing.

Interesting, I had not thought of that...

There are also audible alarms
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=59758#post59758

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
December 6th, 2007, 11:46 AM

That's a good one

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I like that customizable idea, it would be awesome to see if you were getting some KR or your IATs were above xx value.

Garry
December 7th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Great ideas!!! Makes it easier to pinpoint problems, especially if you don't have somebody to check the real time screen on a notebook ... !!!

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Ok here's what is being done...

In the FlashScan setup, the LEDs can now be assigned 3 different states:
1. Off - always off
2. Status - shows status LEDs the same as it does now
3. Alarm - allows all 5 LEDs to be user defined visual alarms.

The visual alarms are defined along with the audible alarms in Options.ini. You may have audio and visual alarms on the same PID if desired.

The visual alarms will be great for events like over-temp, since you don't really want an audible alarm sounding while a temp is high as it may take minutes to drop down again.

Regards
Paul

joecar
December 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Very good feature. :cheers:

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2007, 08:34 AM
sweet!

ScarabEpic22
December 7th, 2007, 08:34 AM
AWESOME!! That is really cool Paul, thanks for working so hard on this. Cant wait for BBL to be *perfect* and then BBT can start! :D

Wasted Income
December 7th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Simply AWESOME!

That's a great idea about using the LEDs for alerts. Can't wait to set mine up to alert for knock on my 5.3L and low rail pressure on my Duramax :)

Hyper99
December 12th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Possibly use one of them as an indicator when logging is active, versus paused. Right now looking at the frame count will suffice, but glancing down at the V2 for an indicator light is easier then trying to focus on the frame count (depending on what sections of PIDS are in the view window it may not even be there) before hitting the gas.......:eek:

Blacky
December 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Possibly use one of them as an indicator when logging is active, versus paused. Right now looking at the frame count will suffice, but glancing down at the V2 for an indicator light is easier then trying to focus on the frame count (depending on what sections of PIDS are in the view window it may not even be there) before hitting the gas.......:eek:

A very good idea :thankyou2:
Paul

Hyper99
December 21st, 2007, 12:09 PM
This is very nice - tested it today.

:D