PDA

View Full Version : Audible alarms

Blacky
December 6th, 2007, 09:57 AM
You can configure audible alarms in the Options.ini file in the appropriate PSL section(s).

;Node PIDs (pid1|pid2|...|pidn) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)
;---- -------------------------- -----------------------------------------
PCM, ECT, 0:110:1:1:0

In the above example the alarm configuration is:
0:110:1:1:0

The zero is the minimum value, below which the alarm will sound.
The 110 is the maximum value, above which the alarm will sound.
Both values can only be specified in metric (i.e. degC).

The first 1, is the alarm style, you can choose from 1, 2, 3 or 4 in ascending pitch.
The second 1 is the length of time that the alarm will sound for, in 10ms increments (i.e. setting it to 50 will sound the alarm for 1/2 second).

The last 0 is the hold time in seconds. It determines how long the PID's value will stay frozen on the screen after the alarm sounds. That gives you time to look at the screen once you have been alerted by the alarm. This setting is NOT implemented yet, so it currently has no effect.

If an alarm is currently sounding and a new alarm is triggered, the current alarm will be silenced and the new alarm will sound. If two alarms occur simultaneously (or very close together) you will not hear the first alarm.

Regards
Paul

Hyper99
December 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM
This is the setting that I used to test the audible alarm on the knock retard.

PCM, KR, 0:1:2:1:0

Anything above 1 should have triggered an alarm. The log showed values of up to 2.1 - but yet there was no sound. Is the 1*10MS to short of time? Is there a minimum amount of time that a value has to be above the threshold to trigger the alarm?

Blacky
December 12th, 2007, 11:16 PM
That should work.

Try setting it up for throttle position just to make sure the alarms are actually working. That way you can just press the throttle to the threshold % to trigger the alarm - you don't even need to start the engine. You get to hear what they sound like and you can easily work out how long you want it to sound for.

The alarm should sound for the time period specified even if the value was above/below the threshold for only a single frame.

I'll re-check the alarms here just in case they are not working...

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
December 15th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I added alarms to the LS-1 section of 'options.ini' for ECT, RPM & KR. Now when I log, I don't get any data for those three PIDS. This is what I added. Did I do something wrong?

;Node PIDs (pid1|pid2|...|pidn) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)
;---- -------------------------- -----------------------------------------
PCM, ECT 0:110:4:1:0
PCM, MAP
PCM, RPM 0:6500:2:1:0
PCM, VSS
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, IAT
PCM, TP, 0:95:36:100:0
PCM, SHRTFT1
PCM, LONGFT1
PCM, SHRTFT2
PCM, LONGFT2
PCM, KR 0:0:3:1:5
PCM, HO2S11
PCM, HO2S21
PCM, IBPW1
PCM, IBPW2
PCM, TOS
PCM, GEAR
PCM, ASPARK
PCM, FTC
PCM, MAF
; __________________________________________________ _______________________

The other thing I noticed is the V2 powers off right after the splash screen and I have to push the 'OK' button to get it to power up and continue.

Blacky
December 15th, 2007, 11:04 AM
You need a comma after the PID names if you have alarm info specified.
i.e.
PCM, ECT, 0:110:4:1:0

Ninety8C5
December 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
You need a comma after the PID names if you have alarm info specified.
i.e.
PCM, ECT, 0:110:4:1:0

I missed that. :Eyecrazy: I'll add the commas and give it another try.

Thanks!

Ninety8C5
December 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Adding the commas fixed it. I have another question. I added ASPARK, FTC & MAF to the Options.ini file and added ASPARK & FTC to LS1A-M_PIDs.txt file (MAF was already there). I seemed to get data for MAF in the log file but not ASPARK or FTC. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!

TAQuickness
December 28th, 2007, 04:38 AM
I set up the following alert:
PCM, KR, 0:0:20:2:0

On my drive this morning, I logged 1.1* of KR, but I did not receive the alert.

Per the configuration I would expect to get a very high pitch tone and LED 1 for 20ms if KR < 0 or KR > 0. If the LED's are not configured to alarm (i.e. off or status) will this alarm setting still work? It's possible too that the alert did sound and it was too short for me to hear it.

Blacky
December 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I set up the following alert:
PCM, KR, 0:0:20:2:0

On my drive this morning, I logged 1.1* of KR, but I did not receive the alert.

Per the configuration I would expect to get a very high pitch tone and LED 1 for 20ms if KR < 0 or KR > 0. If the LED's are not configured to alarm (i.e. off or status) will this alarm setting still work? It's possible too that the alert did sound and it was too short for me to hear it.

The setup looks correct to me.

It doesn't matter what the LEDs are configured to do, the audible alarms will (should) always sound if the conditions are met.

It is possible it is too short but I think 20ms is long enough to hear. Test it out by adding the same alarm to the SAE.TP PID but with a max of say 20%. You'll soon know if you can hear the 20ms sound or not.

I'll take anouth look at it here.

Regards
Paul